Friday, June 30, 2006

I'll admit it, I was wrong...

The meeting wasn't what I thought it was going to be. When the secretary called to set up the meeting, she said it was "a meeting about JJ"....and, his meeting was supposed to be yesterday, so I assumed it was "HIS MEETING". I was wrong. It was just a general meeting with us and other people that sponsor kids at the home. It was a good meeting, but not the one I'd hoped for. I learned something shocking at the meeting....there are 125 kids at the home (some in group homes, some at the actual campus). Of those kids, only 12 kids have sponsors. And, Keith and I sponsor 2 of them. That's very sad, isn't it? HOWEVER, at the end of the meeting the facilitator told us that he had a message for us. He said that we were supposed to call the person in charge of the fostering today. He said he didn't know exactly what it was about, but he thought it was good. Now, I'm just waiting for a decent time so I can call.

After the meeting we went to see JJ and Robert. JJ said his caseworker told him yesterday that within weeks he'll be living here. JJ said to him, "you mean a month?" and he said, "no, more like two weeks."

It seems like things are finally moving in the right direction. I'm so excited I could practically burst. And, you should have seen JJ yesterday. He couldn't take the smile off his face.

4 comments:

The Broards said...

I cannot believe that you and Keith are sponsoring two and yet they make you jump through hoops. Pitiful. They should hold you up as great examples and bend over backwards for you .

schell said...

To be honest, Emma, I think everyone should treat me that way.

UrbanStarGazer said...

crossing all appendages . . .
holding breath . . .

schell said...

Well, JJ went home to Philly for the weekend....they try to get all kids to see their family when it's a long holiday weekend. But, he should be here within a couple of weeks, and he's allowed to go on vacation with us - so that's great news!
Robert is here for the long weekend...he's allowed to stay over, so we don't have to drive back and forth the whole time. His mom is supposed to come and visit him on Sunday, so we have to take him back tonight, then pick him up again tomorrow after his mom leaves, then he's here until Wednesday.
I'm hesitantly excited!