Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh my God!

As I'm typing this, my hands are shaking...and, for once, it's because I'm very happy. We were supposed to take JJ with us to Keith's company picnic on Saturday, but due to the "no contact" thing, we couldn't. We already paid for an extra ticket, so he called the supervisor at the home to see if the other boy that came here would be able to go. He told her that JJ was obviously our first choice, but that it would be a shame for the ticket to go to waste, so we'd take Robert if we could. She said that she'd call the Acopian center and see how they were behaving, and maybe one of them could go with us. She actually said one of them! She promised to call back, but we waited all day yesterday, and she didn't call back.

Meanwhile, there's an allstar football game tonight at a local field, and JJ's brother is playing, so we were going to go. Keith called the supervisor back because we didn't hear from her, and he reminded her of the game, and said it would be nice if someone from the home would take JJ to see his brother play. She suggested that we take him! She also said that JJ can go with us on Saturday, and that they're having a meeting next Thursday, and he might be getting out of the Acopian. If he does, she said she'll get the ball rolling on the fostering. Keith said there was more to tell, but he couldn't really talk from work, and he'd tell me later.

I'm so freaking happy I could burst. Braden was jumping up and down screaming out of excitement...and that's exactly what I felt like doing!

6 comments:

Meme said...

Fabulous I am so happy for all of you , although I can see keith wanting sex as a celebration .....

Sonya said...

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov!

Anonymous said...

I think they read my comment and got scared. Never underestimate the power of the press or a good blog comment about the press.

The Broards said...

lol meme


Have fun Schell

UrbanStarGazer said...

(Cautiously keeping fingers crossed)

Yay!!