Thursday, June 29, 2006

Just a general update

The rain has finally stopped! It rained for five or six straight days here, and there's flooding everywhere. Luckily, I don't live right near any rivers, creeks or lakes, but within ten miles of me people were evacuated and houses and businesses are ruined. The Delaware still hasn't crested, but it's more than 13' over flood stage.
Keith and I were invited to attend JJ's meeting today at the home. I'm a little nervous, but mostly I'm excited. I expect it to go well. Hopefully we'll leave there with a date when he can come and live with us. Of course, Keith's still walking saying, "who's the man?" because of his phone call with the supervisor last week.
Braden wants to go spend the day today with the tea lady...lord knows why. So, while he's gone, I'm going to mop my kitchen floor and clean his room really well. He's doing pretty well with his cast and except for the complaints of it itching him, and the fact that he can't turn a doorknob, you wouldn't know he had it.
I still need to get a new ceiling light for the kitchen, and get my phone line moved for the computer. Oh yeah, and there's a cabinet that needs to get hung. I told Keith I want it all done by this weekend. We'll see if it happens.
We're talked about having a little cookout/party on Monday for the 4th. So far, we've just talked about it. I reminded Keith that we don't have table tops on either of our outside tables, and that might make outdoor entertaining a little tough. He's such a procrastinator. Those tops have been broken since last fall. WTF?
That's about it for me. Nothing more to report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the meeting!!!

And glad that flooding isn't TOO close to you--it looks nasty

The Broards said...

'who's the man" lol

good luck with the meeting