Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Keeping myself busy

 
 
 

This is what I've been doing with all my pent up energy. I moved every piece of furniture in my downstairs. I still want to do what I talked about before, making my kitchen into a family room, but this is what I've been able to do without spending any money. I have to ease Keith into the spending money part. I've made a dining room in part of my family room. Moved all my family room furniture into the front (formerly wasted by that damn piano which is now in my driveway)part of the room. I also got a small kitchen table out of the basement to use in the kitchen for now, and I moved the computer in the kitchen...the computer desk and the kitchen table match. Now, I have to get a different ceiling light for the kitchen, so I can move the table into a corner. I also want to see if I can change the chandeler (?) into one that doesn't have to be direct wired so I can hang it above the dining table now. I also have to get a screen to put behind my tv to hide all the stupid surround sound and satellite wires.
I like the way it is set up now, without so much wasted space in the family room. And, Blu, my kitchen isn't 625 sq feet, it's about 250 sq feet. That's not very big. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

sparky said...

kitchenette ? Nice decorating schell but when you get bored and want to change things try putting couches , tables , chairs on a diaginal (sp) . It can be fun and make a huge change in a room . When I was married and had a life I used to enjoy changing the furniture around . At this point in my life I'm trying to empty my house of all futniture . This morning I trashed the reef fish tank that had gone to crap and it will go in the garbage tomorrow . In the next few days I'm going to empty the big 265 gallon tank and try and get rid of it too . I want nothing in my house but a bed , a kitchen table , one dresser (optional) and just my paintings on all the walls . I hate "STUFF" now and am glad to see it go out in the trash .

The Broards said...

lovely, but I have one suggestion . . you need a bigger coffee table in front of the sofa

sparky said...

oh god yes , i barely noticed that "coffee" table . It looks like a bench of some kind . Emma's right , you need a much larger coffee table .

schell said...

It is a bench. This is a no-cost renovation. I'd actually like to get a nice round coffee table...everything I have is angled, so I think I could use some curves in there.
Allan, I do put things at an angle sometimes...in fact, one of my chairs, which you can't see in the picture, is at an angle.

Mrs.B said...

I see you're also blessed to have dead animals on your walls. It's ok though, my acceptance of our stupid fish means I can redo the bedroom.