Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Telephone line, give me some time, Im living in twilight"

Hey gang!
I don't have much to report.
My peephone is still working, so that makes me happy. And it hardly stinks at all. Just kidding, it doesn't stink. I have pee that smells like perfume.
We have a damn ground hog that dug under my foundation. We've always had them in our field, and Keith has been wanting to shoot them, but I always say no because I think groundhogs are cute. Now I've changed my mind. We're getting some guy to come and trap it, and he'll take it somewhere else and drop it off.
Braden and JJ start school on Tuesday. Braden's excited because, in his words, "I haven't seen a cute girl in so long, I forget what they look like". JJ, not so much.
I've had students since Monday. A lot of returning kids from last year. It's nice to hear, "Hi Miss. I missed you this summer." And, only two of them got arrested over the summer, so I guess that's good news.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always thought raccoons were cute too until they started throwing all my trash all over.

Anonymous said...

I love my squirrels :).

Anonymous said...

groundhogs are destructive to farmers and are just one step abover Japanese Beetles in my way of thinking. I hope Keith doesn't catch it and "let it out in the country someplace" like stupid people do to cats and dogs they no longer want


--emma

Clank Napper said...

I would love a ground hog! Is it like a ferret? Cute.

Roger said...

Thank you for using a non-lethal way to move the groundhog. A big old groundhog lives under the porch at No. 3, and he's welcome there. He and the mockingbird were checking each other out this morning when I was there.

Clank, a groundhog is not much like a ferret. It's rotund, slow moving vegetarian. And we are a heck of a lot more destructive to them than they are to us.

R

Anonymous said...

i love the bunnies in my yard, but i just know that when the men come thi week to rip out the mess back there, they'll find all sorts of awful things, and in the end, it will be hard to relocate the bunnies and they'll have to go, we're building over their warren.

jilly

Anonymous said...

My mobile phone rarely rings as i hardly use it. However it rang twice yesteray, and both times I thought of Schell. And both times, I swear I could smell piss.

Anonymous said...

clank, if you were at walmart, it wasn't the phone, it was just the regular smell of walmart.

jilly