Saturday, August 18, 2007

"It's raining men...." (not really, thank god)

Yesterday was my first day back to work. It sucked to have the alarm go off at 5:20, but it was good to see everyone again. The teacher I work with got married over the summer. He and his wife both work there. She just got promoted to the Asst. Principal position. It was funny, he showed me pictures from their honeymoon. Later in the afternoon, I got called down to her office and I thought to myself, "now what do they want me to do?", but she wanted to show me their wedding pictures. They were beautiful. A very simple, elegant wedding. We got a new Mental Health Worker in our classroom, and, in my opinion, we have the best team in the whole school.
When I was leaving work yesterday, I heard this strange noise on the skylights...I thought someone was up there working on the roof. Here we were having a hail storm. Golfball sized. I had to stand outside under the entrance for a while before it stopped and I could run to my car, which of course, had the windows down! I got to drive home sitting in a nice puddle of water. Thank god for leather seats!
I wish I had something exciting to regale you with, but alas, this is it. Now that the passport dilemma is over, the vacation has come and gone, the kitchen is nearly finished, and my hair is cut, I'm back to my normal, boring life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

are the kids back at school yet? i go back tuesday, but the kids go th week after that.
jilly

Jenny Robin said...

school starts tomorrow here
we always seem to start before the rest of the country

Anonymous said...

LP's school started August 15

Anonymous said...

we got out later than everyone else in the state and the country, it seems like, so we go back later. the week before the kids are back is pretty boring, just meetings and moving stuff around filled with a lot of paperwork.

jilly

Anonymous said...

I go back Wed, they go back Thurs, but I've been there every chance I get, getting ready. I added some new stuff to my room that I'm excited about (Plus I had to add more desks for my 28 kids. One more and they have to pay me extra). The other day a bunch of new teachers were coming to ME for advice on scheduling. That was a little weird. Who knew I'd ever be considered the expert in something?
-T
P.S. I want a pic of the new 'do.

Binx said...

Keep writing and maybe you'll figure out how to make it less boring.

schell said...

I had to go back last Friday, my students start on the 27th. Braden and JJ don't go back until the 4th.