Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ta Da!




Here it is. It's 95% done. The first picture is the view you get when you walk in from the garage. The second picture is the view from the back door. The third one is standing at one end, looking through to the other. I'm really happy with it. There are a few odds and ends to be done yet...the cabinet to hold the fan above the stove needs to be built, the trim has to go up around the floors, door and window. I have to get curtains and new bar stools (I want wicker and wrought iron ones, but haven't been able to find them, so I'm using my old mismatched ones). I also need some sort of tube or bracket to hold the wires at the desk area.
Can you notice what's up on the computer?
You see my $25 loveseat?
Emma, do you see my cat that looks just like Nesta?
What do you think?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the bookshelf on the PC. what a lovely kitchen. I love your african violets. my violets that color died. my pink ones are still thriving though.

jilly

Brenda said...

very nice. i see you went out for chinese and had an iced coffee.

Anonymous said...

That looks lovely, Schell--light and airy. The loveseat in the picture doesn't look like a thifty find at all.

Best of all is your lovely kitty!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Beautiful!

So, that's the hiding, stinking, farting cat? He/she's so cute!

The Broards said...

absolutely gorgeous Schell. I love that sofa in the kitchen--it makes it so cozy.

Love the tile

Your cat DOES look like Nesta!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I'm insanely jealous.
-T

Jenny Robin said...

Is that your microwave at knee-level below the window?

Clank Napper said...

Very glamourous and very large. Lucky lady!

schell said...

That's not the hiding, dtinking, farting cat...he's hiding.
And, that is my microwave...and it's more like thigh level.

Thanks everyone for your postive comments.

Jenny Robin said...

I like how the microwave is not on the counter....gives more room.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

I am always so envious of people who can keep their counter tops so clutter free... it really is lovely and your pitcher is very pretty too... Kitty reminds me of our old cat Boogers... I miss him