Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Slip sliding away..."

Yesterday I took JJ to an early football practice, then I went grocery shopping with Braden (always a treat). I came home to put the groceries away and wait for JJ to call that practice was over. I had my cell phone in my back pocket.
After putting away the groceries, I went to the "powder room". When I finished, as I was pulling my pants up, I heard a "kerplunk". That's right. You guessed it. My phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet.
I quickly retrieved it, but it was submerged. I have it all apart, hoping it will dry out and work. But, so far, nothing. It won't even turn on.
I am the luckiest person I know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

something like that happened to me once. i was giving someone directions to dinner, and i dropped my phone into a gravy boat. i had to get a new phone. once it's wet, it dies. i had another phone go through the washing machine. if you have insurance or a warranty, they'll replace it. i think i had 4 phones replaced that year. however, after that year of phone killing hell, i haven't had an other accident.

jilly

The Broards said...

Was it submerged by Number One or by Number Two?

Anonymous said...

Put it in the oven on the lowest setting for a few hours. Thats what I did when mine got covered by a wave. Dont put the battery in the oven though. Once its dry if it still doesnt work, try someone else's battery in it. If you have verizon they will not replace it, even with insurance. Theres a little sticker on the battery and it changes color when it gets wet. That sticker will void any insurance.
-T

Anonymous said...

verizon replaced mine over and over, but it was a few years ago. water messes up the SIM card, which can cause many problems. Gravey doesn't help either.

jilly

Bert Bananas said...

Good thing there are really, really cheap cell phones out there. Shop on Ebay for your replacement. But you may have to have your provider give you another sim card.

schell said...

You'll never believe it, but I put it back together this morning, and it works.
The screen's not perfect, but it's not bad either.
Emma, it was submerged in number one.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Yikes! If my phone fell in a toilet full of pee I'd just throw it away.

Clank Napper said...

I never thought I was the sort of girl to laugh at others misfortunes...but this made me giggle. I must be a bad bad woman.