Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Yesterday was my birthday...

It was so-so. Just like any other day, except people said, "Happy Birthday." I didn't get anything...yet. Keith's giving me money to do some spring clothing shopping, and he invited my siblings and parents over next Saturday for cake. I'm the big double-four. Woo Hoo. Today, I don't feel a day over 42.

Saturday, I cleaned up outside. Trimmed back a lot of my plants, got rid of leaves and dead stuff. Now I just want it to get warm warm warm, so everything gets all green and alive looking.

A couple of kids from Braden's scout troop made Eagle Scout, so we went to the ceremony on Sunday. Can you say B O R I N G. Don't get me wrong, it's a great accomplishment, but the ceremony and following dinner a bit dull. I don't know how you could spice it up, though. Braden says he wants to be an Eagle Scout. We'll see about that. Although, at the meeting, Braden came up to me and said one of his fellow scouts said to him, "Dude, your mom has huge jugs!" I guess that's flattering?!

Tomorrow night Keith and I have a meeting with the vice president of the Children's Home about JJ. I have no idea what the meeting's about. If it's good news or bad news. To say I'm a little nervous would be a huge understatement. I keep going over in my head all the things that would lead me to believe it's going to be good, and the things that lead me to believe it will be bad. So far, it's neck and neck. I know JJ's been behaving himself, doing everything he's supposed to do, but I am never sure about the Children's Home. They're so unpredicatable. I have his room all finished, and the stripes are growing on me. Especially now that there's furniture and curtains in there. I took a picture to show JJ, and he said it looks "hot". The only thing missing in it is him. Hopefully, tomorrow night we'll know a date when he's coming. Hopefully tomorrow night we'll know he's coming.

4 comments:

sparky said...

Happy birthday and schell, i realize it wont be easy but if you can stop thinking about the meeting . It will make you nuts. The meeting will happen and it will be what it will be and you will know soon enough . Again best wishes on your birthday , allan

UrbanStarGazer said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Good luck with the meeting.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Schell. :)

The Broards said...

Having "huge jugs" at age 44 may be okay. Having huge jugs at 66 might mean they're down at your knees.

Good luck with JJ