Saturday, April 29, 2006

Updating, awaiting and bear baiting

I just came back from grocery shopping. I'm as bad as the kids...I have to eat something I just bought as soon as I'm done putting everything away. Today I was torn between the Entenmann's Apple Puffs or an english muffin. I started with the english muffin.

We went to see Ron White last night. He was very funny. There's something about the way he stands up there smoking, drinking and cursing that appeals to me. Usually profanity doesn't float my boat, but he speaks so well and uses a large vocabulary...it's the way he litters his otherwise eloquent speech with fucks that makes me laugh. There was a guy sitting next to me that was laughing so hard I was worried he was going into some sort of convulsion. You know everything that someone does when parodying someone laughing...snorting, knee slapping, foot stomping....this guy did all of that. It made me wonder what it would be like to find something that incredibly funny and laugh with such abandon.

Braden had his last dance of the year yesterday after school. He lives for those things, and I'm quite sure he makes an ass of himself there. But, as long as he's having fun. He has a big project due on Monday that we haven't even started yet. The whole 6th grade does a medieval times themed unit and they all had to pick an area to write a research paper on and make some sort of presentation. Braden's topic was medieval games/entertainment. Of course, being a 12 year old boy, his favorite pastime he read about was "bear baiting" and wants to make a shoe box model of it. How the hell am I going to make a bear? We bought some fur at the craft store, but that's as far as we got.

JJ is supposed to be going with his Philadelphia caseworker today to see his brother in Philadelphia. The children's home has a new policy, effective Thursday, that the residents can receive no incoming calls with out prior approval. I called the supervisor to get approval, but she didn't get back to me (it's my understanding that they had quite a busy day on Friday...restraints, runaways, etc)...so, I wasn't able to call him to see when he was going. He can't call me either without said supervisor's approval, and naturally, she's not in on the weekend. And, I called his caseworker on Thursday and Friday to get the okay for us to visit him over the weekend, but I never heard back from the creep. So, once again, here we are, hanging. But, for some strange reason that I can't put my finger on, on the way to see the comedian last night, I was overcome with this sense that things are going to work out. It made me look at everything that's happening as minor obstacles that we have to get past, but I have a feeling in my heart that soon enough he'll be living here with us. This feeling is liable to pass, but for now, I don't have this constant "load of bricks" feeling in my chest. My fingers are just crossed for his meeting on Tuesday.

That's about it here. Now I have to go do some laundry and maybe trim a couple of bushes outside.

4 comments:

The Broards said...

Schell,
Glad you had a good time with ron White. Did he do Tator Salad?

schell said...

That was his encore.
He did this really funny bit about his mother telling the entire family that a cop "ate her out" in public, when she meant to say that the cop "chewed her out"

Meme said...

It's always best to trim your bushes outside ,inside and a clitoraldectomy can only be a hand shake away......... Love mem lowering the tone across the internet since 1997

The Broards said...

"cop "ate her out" in public"
and in pubic too!