Monday, March 20, 2006

One for the memory book...

What a great weekend I had. Friday night, Braden slept over at a friends and Keith and I went grocery shopping...I know, oooh fun! Before we went, I swept and mopped my kitchen floors.

Saturday, I painted JJ's room and cleaned all my upstairs windows. We went to that banquet...it was at a firehall. I hate firehall food. Chicken, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn and gravy. But, the stuffing was really good. I had thirds. The comedian was so-so. I laughed pretty good at a couple of his jokes, but I can't remember a single one.

JJ came over on Sunday, and we'd made his arrangments to have his older brother Andrew over too. What a great time everyone had. Braden had a friend over, and the four of them played video games, shot each other with airsoft guns and rode the four-wheeler. It was really cute to see JJ and his brother together. They don't get to see each other too often. We did have one little mishap. Andrew accidentally drove the four-wheeler into the side of the house, and broke the frame of the basement window. I have to give Keith credit...he remained calm. No yelling, no swearing. And Andrew felt so bad. He must have apologized fifty times. He and Keith spent about a half an hour in the basement trying to fix it. We all had a nice dinner, then we had to take them back. I sent everyone back with some homemade oatmeal cookies. It's nice to have a housefull of happy kids. It reminded me of a Sunny D commercial.

2 comments:

sparky said...

Binx , you 're such a romantic . I have to admit I saw Schells post in an entirely different way . I was wondering if there were any burglar alarm wires in that broken basement window sash that weren't replaced and if it seems her house was being cased. Hey , what can you do , us NYers are highly suspicious people . Sounds like you had a nice time Schell , Great , Allan

UrbanStarGazer said...

JJ's lucky to have you guys!

Allan -- I have to admit that idea flitted through my mind for a microsecond too. :(