Saturday, February 04, 2006

The week in review


Starting over with a new blog is kind of fun, and kind of not. I liked the way our old site was, and like others have said am a little resistant to change. Unless, like Tracee said, I've initiated the change. But, hey, I can roll with the punches. Sadly, I can't figure out how to start a new paragraph on this thing. So, I'll just try extra spaces. Here's what's going on in my neck of the woods. Braden made high honor roll for the second marking period in a row. He was so proud of himself. I went in for a conference with his teachers the other day, and they all had such wonderful things to say about him. I left the conference skipping. Well, not literally skipping, but on the inside I was skipping. I had my meeting with the Children's Home about fostering JJ. It went well. They said as soon as our background clearances came through, he could move in. JJ is honestly so excited-and he's not used to expressing himself (it's something we're working on), so it's cute to see the little things he does to interact with me and the subtle hints he drops in front of other people so they know that he's getting out of the home. The other day I took him to the nurse for a lozenge during Reading class, and she asked him when he started getting his cold. He looked at me and said, "When did this first start? Saturday? At your house?" Which of course caused the nurse to look at me for some sort of explanation. He sat there smiling the whole while I was telling her about it. I keep teasing him about how I'm going to decorate his room for him...he has absolutely no opinion on anything. I keep asking him what color he wants the walls, what kind of bedding he wants....and my answer is always the same, "Regular". He keeps warning me to stay away from the room when he's not there. We're remodeling our basement. Not actually remodeling, since it was never done before. We're modeling it, I guess. Putting a family room down there. There's wood all over the place and the poor cats are going out of their minds. The superbowl is Sunday. Big whoop! Although, I do really like to watch the commercials. There hasn't been much buzz about them this year, except for the Jessica Simpson Pizza Hut commercial. My favorite superbowl commercial of all times is the Terry Tate Reebok commercial where he goes around the office tackling people who are being inefficient. "Break was over 15 minutes ago, Mitch!"...haha, it still cracks me up. Last weekend, I painted a TV tray. I didn't have any canvases, and was in the mood to paint. I'm dangerous when that happens, just ask my husband. That's a picture of it in the beginning of this blog. I have canvases now, so I'll probably paint during the game on Sunday. Well, that's about it. My week in review.

7 comments:

Meme said...

I like that picture But you are going on my orbie ignore list where I put all the talented people then I tell myself you have nipped down to walmaart to buy the stuff that is clearly too professional to be yours.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Wow MUM I am the title of a list? Franz is the only name for a list I know :)

I wish I had Schell's talent too by the way... She has a wonderful eye.

The Broards said...

"Break was over 15 minutes ago, Mitch!

that was hilarious.

Jessica Simpson's 15 minutes were over 15 minutes ago.

You're so talented. Do any of your kids have artistic talent?

The Broards said...

"Spiderbuns" reminded me of something. One of LP's friends (Eric) calls farts "barking spiders" Anyone else hear that?

schell said...

There's more than one, Jilly? Yippee!

Anonymous said...

We have had barking spiders for years, usually when I ask Richard, "what was THAT?"

I think Jilly is right; JJ is probably in the midst of a defense mechanism kind of thing, whereby if you don't ask for anything in particular, then your hopes aren't dashed by not getting it. Which would say a lot about his life so far, unfortunately.

sparky said...

testing something schell