Friday, February 24, 2006

Some light at the end of the tunnel

First of all, thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts, your advice and your prayers. I had a very rough week, but things are looking up. I talked to JJ's Philadelphia DHS caseworker today, and she said that on the off chance that he gets sent back to Philadelphia, she will make sure that he still can come and live with us. She even went on to ask if I had a problem with a couple of his brothers, also in foster care, coming to visit and spend time with JJ. I said that would be fine with me. Keith is relieved too, although he says he is not changing his plans for finishing the basement into building dorms. Anyway, I'm in a much better state of mind. Plus, I spoke with someone, who shall remain nameless, who told me that he, too, stole a car in his early teens, and look at how well he turned out. In spite of not being completely sold with his "turning out well", it still made me feel better.

Oh, I know something else. We picked out a new car. We spent all day Monday car shopping, and finally settled on the new Lincoln Zephyr. It's beautiful. It has his and hers keys, the steering wheel zooms in to your favorite position and the radio tells you what song is playing. Plus, it's beautiful-inside and out! Oh yeah, and Keith says it rides really well. I dont' really pay attention to that stuff. I'm more of a cosmetic person.

We're going out to dinner tomorrow night for our anniversary. We're going with another couple, so we should have a good time. Keith and I haven't been out without Braden in quite a while. Who knows, maybe he'll even get some sex tomorrow night.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't 'steal' a car and wreck it, I borrowed my mom's car and wrecked it. All the cops could nail me on (she was kind enough not to press charges) was breaking curfew and I got six month probation and had to write an essay for each subsequent monthly visits with my PO after that first visit. I didn't write a final essay and so my case is still open and if I get pulled over in that state, I'll be clamped in irons and held until I complete that last essay, on "Why I Will Never Break A Law Again." There is a raging debate on whether I turned out 'okay' but as long as I stay in the closet, I think the scale tips in my favor.

Anonymous said...

Bert, we know it was you...and I think turned out good is questionable (on the off chance it was someelse--the questionable thing still holds true)

Anonymous said...

Schell, I'm glad to hear that there's some hope!

schell said...

I bought some KY warming massage oil to try. - There you go, Blu, that's about as good as it's going to get.

Anonymous said...

But what if Keith asks how the KY costs?

schell said...

I'll tell him there was a coupon.

Sonya said...

Hey, what's his and hers keys? Two keys? One pink,one blue? I'd like an update on the sex, too, but only in vague generalities.

Mrs.B said...

Last night I dreamed that one of my nightmare students was having trouble at home and wanted to come live with me. I think it means I want to be schell when I grow up.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy dinner! Enjoy the warm sex! And keep us posted on details re JJ. (We can make up our own details on the warm sex.)

Meme said...

Penrod turned out ok and he did a lot more than Nick a car so there's always hope(I Use the term ok losely) I d am sure things will work out just fine

The Broards said...

I think it was Naggy

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Happy Anniversary Schell and Keith :)