Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday, bloody Sunday

Well, so far this weekend I've moped around, cleaned behind my refrigerator and stove (I only found six cents), moped, did some laundry, cried, called everyone I know to see if they know of anyone that works at the detention center, spackled JJ's bedroom, went out to dinner, moped yet some more, couldn't sleep, and, oh yeah, car shopped.

Keith really really likes the new Azera. I like it too, but the monthly payment would be a little higher than I want to pay. But, he's the one who writes the checks and pays the bills every month, bitching every step of the way. I don't think I'm in the mood to car shop, but we don't have a car, so it's not an option.

JJ's case manager is going to try to sneak me into Juvey with him tomorrow when he goes to visit JJ. I hope it works. If it doesn't, I will sit outside so Wally can tell JJ that while they wouldn't let me in, I'm sitting outside so I can get a full report when their visit is over. I hope he didn't have the horrible weekend I'm imagining he had. I hope he was able to keep his cool in there. I hope he told the police everything they want to know...I wonder if he was able to even talk about it to anyone? I have no idea how juvey works. If this would have only happened two weeks later, then I would be his official guardian and have visiting rights. Dammit.

5 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

Just a few more hours, Schell...hang in there.

schell said...

I feel one hundred times better...JJ just called. They let him have one phone call, since it's Sunday. He said he's doing okay, because he's a tough kid. He also said there's staff at the Children's Home that know he was in the building when the stealing/crash occured. I guess he just has to wait until the arraignment on Tuesday.
He also said that he got my messages, and just keeps thinking to himself, "things will be different for me soon".
This sounds so cliche, but a huge weight has been lifted from my chest.

The Broards said...

"cleaned behind my refrigerator and stove"

You're even sicker than I thought Schell. You give women a bad name

Anonymous said...

Now, now, Emma..it was extraordinary circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I am very glad that you got the phone call, and that he got your messages. Keep hanging in there, both of you!