Sunday, July 01, 2007

I thought I'd update you a little on the kitchen redo. First of all, this is what the kitchen looked like before we began....





The second picture is what it looked like midway through the demolition.


Now, keep in mind, we're not doing anything to the section where the table and chairs are in the first picture. They're removing the wall in the second picture, to open it up to the new part. Since then, it's been plumbed, wired and insulated. Drywall is going to start going up tomorrow. Next week, it's getting primed and painted, then, while we're on vacation, the cabinets are going to start going back in. After that, the floor goes in, then it should be done. I thought it would be done in June, now it looks like August till it's completely finished.

8 comments:

Clank Napper said...

I bet you are really excited though!Am looking forward to see the "after" picture! And...we need updates on the holiday/passport situation.

Jenny Robin said...

Oh Schell. Trust me when I say I compleeeetely understand the aggravation and excitement that go along with demolition and construction.

But it will all turn out exceptionally well in the end.

The Broards said...

Good Lord . . .I'd love it if my kitchen looked as good as your "Before"!



(bitch)

The Broards said...

I enlarged the pic--I want to see that painting to the left. Also, there's a huge ass bottle of bleach at the sink--what's up with that? Did you go all Scott Peterson on Keith?

schell said...

No, I didn't go Scott Peterson. I clean, okay?
Also, I loved how my kitchen looked before, but there was no counter/moving around space. I'm keeping all the same cabinets and countertops...just enlarging.

Anonymous said...

i wish i had your energy and patience. i'm going nuts for the baby's room and all i really needed done was some paint, curtains hung and the furniture i painted moved in. i may get the painting done in 2-3 weeks, if i'm lucky and i nag religiously. i don't want to think of what you've had to go through with the kitchen. i'm also in awe of verb for her kitchen project, tree for her bathroom, and bert for redoing a lot of his house over the past few years.

jilly

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, yes, your before picture would be a dream kitchen for me, I can't wait to see the new one. - blu

Anonymous said...

schell, post a full picture of your wall mural--it's fabulous


--emma