Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WE GOT IT!!!
We got JJ's passport. We got in line at 4:30 this morning (we slept in the car in a parking garage last night....it was extremely hot and uncomfortable-but well worth it) and by 1:pm we had the passport! Now we can get excited about vacation!
And, some of the horror stories from people in line. The guy in front of me is from Jordan, but he's a citizen. The rest of his family is still in Jordan. He and his wife are traveling over there and leaving Thursday. They're going for his brother's wedding. The entire wedding was planned around when the wife could get off work and fly over, since the family has never met her. They applied for her passport in March. Every time they try to check it online, it says, "pending". So, they drove 7 hours from Pittsburgh, stayed in a hotel, and spent hours in line this morning. When they got inside, they were told that Fed Ex had her passport and it was being delivered to her house this morning! She just started laughing like a crazy person when they told her. I can still hear that laugh.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

That was me. - blu

Roger said...

Good grief! To think that we as citizens are getting what they think is adequate service when we have to sleep in a parking garage and get in line at 4 AM.

Anyway, have a wonderful vacation, dearest Schell.

R

Anonymous said...

I agree with elu . . . . I bet JJ's so excited!!!


---
emma

Jenny Robin said...

HooooooooooooooooooEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Told you it would be Ok send me a postcard ok?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bet that JJ and Braden will remember sleeping in the car park to get the passport more than they remember the vacation itself.

schell said...

Who wants the postcard? I think if I mail one to anonymous, it might not reach you. I think it's Mum, but I'm not sure.

Rosa, you're right. You should have heard them talking about the "adventure" to all the neighbor kids yesterday.

Anonymous said...

How lucky is JJ to have someone sleep in a car with two sweaty teens, get up and 4am after jumping through endless hoops, just so he can get spoiled at an all inclusive resort? He's got to feel so loved. You rock.
-T

Anonymous said...

send a thank you post card to the senator and aid who assisted you. the aid will love it and the senator can use it later.

i think it's great the kids at least got to have some fun in the process of fighting red tape. it's a wonder trains run on time.

jilly

Sonya said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

Well considering I thought emailing your senator was ridiculous, I think Jilly is right. - blu

Anonymous said...

i hope you all have a wonderful vacation. you all deserve it.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Congrats!!! I hope you all have a great time!

It should all be gravy now.

UrbanStarGazer said...

p.s. I like the new look.