Monday, July 23, 2007

"One love, one heart...."







What a great vacation we had!!
The weather was beautiful...I couldn't have ordered any better. The kids had a blast. The resort was along a gorgeous stretch of beach. The ocean water was so warm, it was like wading in clear, green bath water. We all had a great time. The kids met other kids from England, Canada and Jamaica and really enjoyed hanging out with them and learning new phrases. By the end of the week, Braden was speaking with a bit of an English accent.

Braden leared to swing from a trapeze, JJ went jet skiing, we all kayaked and Keith and the kids learned to snorkel. There were a couple of negative things with the resort, but I'll post them in a different post, because I want this one to be POSITIVE POSITIVE POSITIVE!

We ate, we drank, we relaxed, we played. We went shopping in these little shacks next to the resort where people sold crafts, shells, etc. One of them was painted to look like a big bullseye, which I thought was odd, until I looked at the sign hanging above the door. It said, Target. Upon closer inspection, some of the other shops were named Walmart, Sears, Tiffany and Walgreens. I wish I would have had my camera with me for that little walk.

We also went on an evening boat ride to the Luminous Lagoon where there are microscopic organisms in the water that emit a phosphorescent light when you agitate the water. It looks like you glow in the dark. I'll post some pictures, but I'm not very good at getting them to show up where I want them.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip that we all enjoyed very much!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy to see you back, glad it was good for you all. what did jj think of it?

jilly

Anonymous said...

welcome back! so glad you had a nice time.

The Broards said...

yeah, yeah, yeah all sunshine and roses---now give us the negatives!!!

The Broards said...

I clicked on that picture of the four of you----you sunbathed didn't you?

Did Keith get vacation sex?

God, JJ looks buff!


Braden's still a cutie

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking. I've apparently forgotten my "google password".

In that first photo there appears to be a small person obscuring your red bathing suit.

Anonymous said...

Ah, look at that beautiful sand...

Glad all was well, after all you went through to get there.

Anonymous said...

That was me. - blu

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great trip schell and i'm glad it all worked out .

That phosphorescence you saw is in all seawater . It always used to amaze me when i was boating at night in the bays around long island .

The temperature of those tropical seas is so odd . Bathwater was a good discription .

so after all that it all worked out schell, good deal .

allan

Jenny Robin said...

JJ is HUGE, and Braden needs to pull up his pants.

Hah! I sound like an 85 year old woman.

Clank Napper said...

I am presuming that is your husband who is extremely handsome.

I demand we swap. I loved those photos and your holiday story. That blue sky speaks for itself.

Well done you.

The Broards said...

"In that first photo there appears to be a small person obscuring your red bathing suit"

R LOL

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Wonderful pictures and beautiful family
Welcome back

Anonymous said...

emma, are you green with envy over nag's posting?

jilly

Anonymous said...

Braden does look like Joey! They could pass for brothers.
I'm very jealous of your vacation and your hot bod in a bikini.
-P

The Broards said...

JIlly, you know it!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Nice!! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves given what it took to get you there!