Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Oh happy day"

I changed my blog layout, and added some pictures on the side. What do you think?

Construction is continuing. While we're away, my slate floor will be installed and I'm promised that when I come back, we'll have an island (with a working sink) and a stove, at the very least. I'm really tired of cooking on the grill. I primed and painted the entire space. A nice, soft yellow. A very different choice for me, as I usually go with bold colors. But I like it.

Now that we FINALLY have all the paperwork needed for our vacation, we're all getting thoroughly excited. Yesterday I started putting aside all the clothes we'll be taking, called the boarder for the dog, and arranged for the neighbor kid to come and feed the cats, and water my plants. I'm looking forward to relaxing, being waited on, and eating real meals! We leave Friday night and won't be back until late next Saturday. I expect you all to behave while I'm gone. Wait, who am I kidding, no I don't. Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts while we were in limbo!

13 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

Safe travels!!! Bon Voyage!!!

Anonymous said...

i like this layout so much better, i can see my mouse now! i always feel so bad for keither and your oldestm you never talk about the oldest and keith never gets a BJ.

jilly

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful safe time.

Anonymous said...

I think Afro is SO Cute! Have a wonderful time, eat . . .and DON'T LAY OUT IN THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


--emma


PS: We'll miss you

Anonymous said...

She's going to a tropical island--of course, she'll be out in the sun. JUst use sunblock!

Enjoy.

Sonya said...

beautiful blog color and pictures. Have a great time. Just as your're coming back, I'll be leaving. :)

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage! Take photos! Have a great time! And let us know which books you read on the beach when you come back!

Anonymous said...

I love those old photos! Old photos are so much more interesting.

Handsome kids too.

Anonymous said...

have a great one schell send me a postcard

Anonymous said...

:::sneaking in Schell's new kitchen and stealing the new cabinets:::

Note on wall with crayon:


THANKS SCHELL. WISH YOU WERE HERE!!!



--emma

Roger said...

Dearest Schell - I hope this finds you at home, well rested, after a magnificent trip!

R

The Broards said...

Schell, aren't you back YET? I miss you.

Brenda said...

schell. i saw a post on the main blog. tell us of your adventure!!!