Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"Hide it in the hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in the pantry with your cupcakes."

I've decided, at least until I decide not to, that I'm going to try to title each entry with lyrics from a song. We'll see how long that lasts.

Tomorrow is the home inspection. I've been trying to walk around my house, objectively, and see if there's anything remiss. I've got a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, smoke detectors all working, no exposed wiring. Is there anything else I should be concerned about? Should I hide the liquor? It's normal for a family to have a couple of bottles of liquor around, right? I guess as long as I'm not drinking it when the guy arrives, it should be alright. It's okay that it's obvious Keith's a hunter right? Or should I put away the deer head and boar head? Anything else you can think of that I should put away, or get out?

There's something wrong with my refrigerator, everything keeps freezing. I had the guy come today to check it out, and he said it needs a new thermostat and that he'd order one for me. I hope it's not too expensive.

I took Braden to his annual psychiatrist appointment today...he's impressed with what a great school year Braden had, and wants to try to cut back on his meds a little. While I'd like Braden to be on as little medicine as possible, I don't want to rock the boat too much. Once again, it's a quagmire.

Braden pulled his first all-nighter last night. Him and some of the neighbor kids slept out in a tent. They went from house to house all night. I heard them come in here about 4:30 this morning...Keith wasn't very happy about it either. They fell asleep around 6 this morning, then woke up at 11:30. He napped on the way to the doctor and on the way home. He should be a bear around 8:00 tonight.

How do you like my hedgehog? Cute isn't she? For some reason, I like hedgehogs. Must be their prickly exterior. The same reason I like Nag, Allan and Emma.

I made myself a cd yesterday with songs I downloaded. Here is what's on it:
Just Walk Away Renee by The Association
Got to be Real by Cheryl Lynn
Welcome to Pooh Corner by Loggins and Messina
Night and Day by Al B Sure
Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold
Been Around the World by Lisa Stanfield
Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando and Dawn
September by Earth WInd and Fire
Now That We Found Love by Heavy D and the Boyz
Side Show by Blue Magic
Enough is Enough by Streisand and Summers
C'est La Vive by Robbie Neville
Don't Want to Fall in Love by Jane Child
Sign Your Name by Terrance Trent Darby
Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel
Everlasting Love by Natalie Cole

Would you listen to any of these over and over again?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your mauve hedgehog, and are you going to give a prize to the first person who identifies your title song for each entry? because if you do, I want to win for "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel.

And how in the name of all that is holy can anyone listen to "Knock Three Times" on a voluntary basis?

Meme said...

My to youngest found a hedgehog wandering around last night, it finally curled up in a ball under a hedge in an effort to make them go away.
In answer to your question ,No I would rather poke in my eradrums with a skewer than listen to your cd ,but each to their own ;)

The Broards said...

"Must be their prickly exterior. The same reason I like Nag, Allan and Emma."

Bitch.


Yes, I love those songs

UrbanStarGazer said...

I'm with Mum.