Tuesday, July 25, 2006

"And as I grab the phone I pray Let it please be him Oh dear God It must be him"

I called JJ's caseworker yesterday and left a message asking when JJ could finally come and live with us. It was a month ago that they said a week or two. He was heartbroken that we had to take him back after vacation. Last night, we rode down there to see him and give him his toothbrush he left here and he said, "go start the car, and swing around, I'm going to make a break for it." Plus, school starts in a few weeks and I'd like him to get used to being here before he has to start another new thing. Of course, his caseworker never called back. I waited all day for his phone call. Then I waited again today.

Nothing.

I took Braden to get his cast off at about 2:30 and we were on our way when my cell phone rang. "Mrs. Koch? I have JJ in my office right now. We just had a meeting and we got the green light. He can come and live with you." "I'll be there in five minutes!" I practically screamed into the phone. Braden was going crazy. Arms flapping, screaming and smiling.

Of course, I couldn't get him that quickly. He has to pack his belongings (which I'm sure are few) and whatnot. So, tomorrow morning, at 10:30 sharp I'm taking Keith's truck and getting JJ and his things. As of tomorrow, by 1:00 he should officially be a resident of the Koch household!

I thought the day would never come. To be honest, I'm still not exactly sure I believe it's real. If a stranger were to walk into our house right now, he'd think we just won the lottery. We're all so excited!

12 comments:

Sonya said...

I am so happy for you all. That's the best news.

Meme said...

Oh well Played , I am really pleased for you all .

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Been forever since I've heard Vicki Carr!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news. Does he know to ignore the cell phone when it rings?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Wow. I can't believe it's finally happening!! I'm dying to know why the home finally came around. Fascinating. :)

I'm semi-speechless, frankly. I think what you're doing for JJ is so freaking awesome. Giving him a loving, supportive home. Well done.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!
-Pork

Anonymous said...

About freaking time the system worked in y'all's favor! Wooohooo

The Broards said...

Congratulations to all of you!!! As much as it's good news for you----it's better news for JJ. What a gift it is for him

Jenny Robin said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda said...

i hope everything will work out for your family.

Anonymous said...

I keep checking the clock. 45 more minutes.
Pork

UrbanStarGazer said...

Okay . . . I know she must be busy getting JJ settled but . . . UPDATE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!`