Sunday, July 23, 2006

"and go kart mozart checking out the weather chart"

What a great vacation!!
The weather was hot and sunny (which is exactly the way I like it), and a good time was had by all. We went to the water park, hung by the pool, the kids drove go-karts and played basketball and went to the arcade. We ate dinner out nearly every night (what's not to love about that?). Their was an illusionist that performed on Wednesday night, and he was very good, but also had a great sense of humor. We all enjoyed that show. I think the kids liked the go-karts the best.

The resort where we have our timeshare is a great place to go, especially with a family. They have every activity you can think of. But, it's laid back enough that you don't have to do anything at all. Braden was dazzling kids at the indoor pool with his flips off the diving board. He's just like Keith and will strike up a conversation with just about anyone. I knew a little bit about nearly everyone at the resort, just by listening to Braden. JJ was a pleasure to take along, as he's never been on a vacation before. Everything was please and thank you, and unlike spoiled Braden, he appreciated every little thing we did! I didn't hear "I'm bored" or "This is gay!" once out of his mouth.

The other family we went with enjoyed the place so much, that they purchased a timeshare of their own there.

JJ spent a whole week with us, and says that he still wants to come and live with us. Can you imagine? This is a picture of the whole gang we went with. From left to right: Keith, me, Braden, JJ, Cindy, Gary and Shane. That's our last night there, at the go-karting place.




My one complaing? (you know there has to be at least one, right?) was that my mattress was uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Meme said...

Did Keith have a good one?

The Broards said...

Glad you all had fun.

"He's just like Keith and will strike up a conversation with just about anyone"

That's a great quality to have--I was I could do that

Anonymous said...

didja know Bruce Springsteen wrote "Blinded By The Light"?

Anonymous said...

Does Cindy fool around?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Welcome back! Glad y'all had a good time. That's sooo cool that JJ got to go and had so much fun.

I'm the same way -- talking with anyone about anything. My friends tease me endlessly about it. I tell them they're just jealous!

sparky said...

same with me urb and it amazes me everyone can't just bs with anyone else. i find it easy . sounds like a good trip schell. allan