Friday, June 17, 2011

ganache and legs on fire

I'm hosting bookgroup tonight. We read "Room". I loved the book. Good thing I have off today, because I have lots of cooking/cleaning to do. I'm serving Hot Olive and Artichoke dip, Holiday Bacon appetizers and Empanadas. For dessert, Gooey snickerdoodle cake, and Peanut Butter cake with Salted Chocolate Ganuche. I'm also making assorted flavored popcorns to munch on.
My neighbor and I walk every night. Two miles. But, she's been sick, so I've been going by myself. So, I started running a little. Just a little, it's all I can do for now. My legs feel like they're on fire...and you know what? I like it. I've lost about 15 pounds in the last year....not that I'm trying to, I'm just not eating. But, my limbs (and ass) (especially my ass) are saggy. So, I'm trying to tighten them up. I told my sister-in-law "I'm going to turn miserable-ness into fit-ness"
At least that's my plan for this week.

5 comments:

vq said...

Good plan. You might as well funnel your energy into something that benefits YOU.

(Have you looked at the Couch to 5K website before? It has a plan for turning walking to running.)

emma said...

Those book club treats sound better than the book itself!
Good luck with your fire legs!!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Salted chocolate sounds gooooood.

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking.

I happen to be working on a device to heat olives individually.

I'm also partnering with Martha Stewart to release a line of ganuche flavored empanadas.

In my bookgroup tonight we read a book called "Book".

You might consider working off of the 'buffalo wing' thing regarding the hotness of your legs. "Buffalo legs"....just a thought....I throw these things out to the people to do with as they please.

Your teeth are insanely white. How did you do that? (I was at the dentist today).

I disapprove of pictures of me for the same reason as the indians.....they steal your soul.

I wonder why it is that you wax unhappily when drunk? I can see no reason for it.

That is all.

schell said...

Nag...you always make me laugh.
I'm going to use your "buffalo" leg saying. In fact, I'm going to use "Buffalo" to describe anything that's hot. Sittin by the pool..."God, it's buffalo out here", or "Don't touch that, it's a buffalo pan", etc.