Saturday, March 05, 2011

Just forget the words

Painting, round three begins today!
Today I'm painting the trim in my kitchen/dining room. I also plan to do the trim in my living room, but I'm not sure how long the k/d trim will take, or how much my back can take, so that might wait for another day.
Braden got his driver's license last week. So far, he's doing pretty well with it. Of course, he doesn't have free reign to drive where ever he wants. Just back and forth to school, and to work. Sometimes to a friend's house and back.
Brighton turns three on the 16th. Where did the time go. It feels like just yesterday that I was at the hospital with Renee, while she was in her 36 hour labor. He's such a cutie, I love every minute I spend with him.
Last week I caught a song on the radio that I like. It's a couple of years old, and it's called "Chasing Cars"...and the hook of the song says, "If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world." But, ever since the song came out, I thought it said, "would you lie with me and just forget the words". I practically slapped myself in the forehead when I realized I'd been singing along with the wrong words for the whole time!!
Okay....time to prep for the painting....WORST PART OF THE JOB!!!

9 comments:

Sonya said...

Are any of your kids helping you paint?

I am excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I used to have chasing cars as my phone ring tone I love a bit of snow patrol

emma said...

Most of the time, made up lyrics are better than the actual ones.

Your painting brings to mind Traceebrat. Didn't she love to paint too?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Have you ever seen that book, "S'cuse me while I kiss this guy"? It's all wrong lyrics.

schell said...

I have that book, Urb. Some of them are really funny!

Jenny Robin said...

I also hate the prep work involved in painting walls. All the painter's tape and crawling on the floor and along the ceiling....and the painter's tape only does so much. I have a textured ceiling, so some paint gets under the tape and I have an imperfect line/corner. Ack.

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking.

I also just finished painting the trim in my kitchen/dining room.

I used a sort of eggshell/fucia/perriwinkle color. It's divine.

I also just got my drivers license about 30 years ago but have not had my 3rd birthday as yet.

Funny story: I actually WROTE "Chasing Cars". The part you quoted was about when I was run over and lying in the road on the edge of consciousness.

Good times.

That is all.

emma said...

Has Naggy taken to drinking?

schell said...

I'd love to see an eggshell/fushcia/periwinkle color. It probably WOULD be devine.