Thursday, February 24, 2011




I love how the painting came out. Although I'm still catching up on all the other things I didn't get to this weekend because I was painting. Mainly laundry.


The trim color is called "Aged Fossil" and the wall color is "Frosted Glass". It's a real light grey with a tiny tint of aqua - which I didn't notice on the paint chip, but on the walls that's how it looks). Now I think I want to carry this color into my kitchen and dining room (one big room, really). I'm thinking of doing the same color on the walls and trim, and then doing an accent wall in a teal/peacock blueish green. That same wall is now orange.


5 comments:

Sonya said...

thanks for posting the photos. That trim is great. But I'm confused about the wall color. In the picture, it looks like cream? It has an aqua tint? Or the paint to the side is the new color? (Anyway, it all looks really nice.)

schell said...

I guess the color looks off because of the flash. I'm a horrible picture taker.
In person, it doesn't look cream at all. It looks like an agua tinted grey. The wall to the side is actually a butter yellow, but that is soon to change.

Anonymous said...

I'm still figuring out what the color "greige" looks like. And now I'm told there's one called "agua"? Is it a shade of Havana Harbor or Campeche Bay??

Ded

Sonya said...

You are not a horrible picture taker. True colors are very hard to display on a screen because each monitor has its own color calibration, etc. Those swatches I posted on FB yesterday? They look nothing like the colors we're actually using.

The painter I'm using has a wife who gives 30 minutes of free color consultation. Of course, she was at my house for two hours, so I had to write her a check at the end. But we came up with a scheme of three intense yet warm taupe, a kind of plum, and a grey that are all going together, with white. I am scared. The painter is going to bring some samples and paint swatches on the wall before I commit. (or am committed...)

emma said...

beautiful