Saturday, February 19, 2011

I got the fever....

Painting fever, that is.
I love how the dining chairs came out....I chose a great color, and since the paint is semi-gloss, I've decided to do my downstairs bathroom, and hallway trim that color. But, of course it doesn't match the paint colors in there, so I have to repaint the walls too.
The trim is the greige color, so I'm painting the walls a very light silvery grey. (by the way, how do you spell grey? G R E Y or G R A Y? I've always liked grey)
So, I'll be spending my three day weekend painting. I woke up early again this morning to get started.

I have book group tonight, and the chosen book is Devil in the White City. Not liking it. In fact, I'm only about half way through. I should spend the day finishing it, but I'd rather paint. Too many architectural details for me. I like the chapters about the serial killer, but the World's Fair chapters put me right to sleep! Any of you read it?

5 comments:

Gail said...

First, when you finish painting in your house, come on down and see what you can do with mine :)

Read The Devil In the White City several years ago-when it came out actually-and remember enjoying it, maybe because I'd lived in Chicago for a while.

Sonya said...

Please post pictures! I am a
g r e y
fan.

I loved that book; I loved learning about how they put that fair together, and also about the serial killer.

I got a painting estimate and I guess we're going forward. But I do have color anxiety.

schell said...

I never get color anxiety. I probably should once in a while.

emma said...

g r e y

Anonymous said...

It's the more upbeat, cheerful "gray" for me (and my hair). "Grey" is just a bit more dour and sad.

Ded