Monday, April 09, 2007

"Baby what a big surprise"

I surely enjoyed my week off. I rented a couple of movies...I watched "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Running with Scissors"...loved them both. I also read The "Time Traveler's Wife" for my book group this month.

I started "housecleaning" the downstairs. Monday and Tuesday I took everything off the walls in the dining room, hallway and bathroom. Cleaned all the moldings, baseboards, light fixtures, etc. That took me two days. Then on Wednesday, I had to do transportation for the Children's Home...drive a 14 year old girl to Philadelphia for a supervised sibling visit. That wasn't too bad, except on the way there I got into a little fender bender. Hopefully the adjuster will be coming out today to give an estimate. Thursday, I was going to start cleaning again, but I started thinking that if we're ripping down a wall and remodeling the kitchen, everything's just going to get dusty again, so I may as well wait. That sounded good to me, so I stopped.

The rest of the week was pretty much uneventful. JJ decided he wanted to go visit his aunt, so we took him to the bus on Thursday. On Saturday we went to go pick him up from the bus station around 7:pm. After we got him, we arrived home and I walked through the back door and my house was full of my friends and family. "Surprise!" they all yelled. Braden and JJ had planned a surprise birthday party for me, and I was totally clueless. Earlier in the day, while I was preparing my desserts for Easter Sunday, Braden asked me, "Mom, would you make up some of that iced tea/lemonade punch for tomorrow? Everybody loves it." Of course I did. During the party he said, "I hope you know I lied to you. The punch was for tonight" I told him I didn't care. Braden and JJ did most of the work themselves. They took my address book upstairs one night and called all my friends, they told Keith what kind of food they wanted to have. When Keith and I ran to get JJ, Braden and my oldest son (who I thought had just come early for Easter) vacuumed the downstairs and did a quick cleanup. (I still can't find where they stashed half the things that were laying around) It was a very nice night. Except for all the "you're really old now" ribbing I took.

Yesterday my family came for Easter dinner. The day was fairly uneventful. Except the tea lady loaded her plate up so high, then was holding it crooked and half the stuff ran off onto the dining room floor. Keith yelled, "Jesus Christ, Jane" when he got up to fix it, which made her feel bad, but other than that, everything was nice. Except the weather. It was colder here yesterday than it was on Christmas day. That's a bunch of crap.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belateds!

How sweet of the boys to plan you a birthday party.

Sonya said...

You made my day today, Schell. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Schell. The party was a nice bonus . allan

The Broards said...

"Jesus Christ, Jane"

That made me r lol.


Happy Birthday Schell---the boys done did good!


I loved Little Miss Sunshine

The Broards said...

PS: I have never in my life had a surprise birthday party.

Brenda said...

happy birthday. that was really really nice of the boys. :) it made me happy to see they had done that for you.

schell said...

She wasn't able to make it for the party, but she was here for Easter Sunday.
Joe is living out in Mechanicsburg, and Renee lives in Levittown, so they're not here as often to do things that drive me crazy/make me laugh.

Roger said...

Happy BD, Schell dearest!

R

UrbanStarGazer said...

Happy Birthday!

So, was JJ going to his aunt's part of the ruse? To get you out of the house picking him up?

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Awww what a lovely surprise... You have got great sons

I have only had one suprise party. Puck threw me one for my 30th birthday. People kept showing up and I thought it was all a wierd cosmic coincindence. Puck kept telling me I should go get dressed (I was in my very casual semi pajamas) finally he came out and held the invitation in my face... it still took a few minutes to register that there was a party going on