Sunday, April 15, 2007

"You get up every morning From your alarm clock's warning"

It was kind of a humdrum week...which is a good thing, in my book. We all went back to school on Tuesday - believe it or not I was glad to go back. I was kind of tired of making pancakes/eggs/french toast every morning. JJ started at Nazareth full time. He really likes it. It's the first time he's been in a regular school in years. The high school cafeteria/school lunch really impressed him. "Miss, I can get pepperoni pizza every day!"
Braden and Keith are going on a scout camping trip next weekend. They're going to Orange County Choppers in New York. They're both looking forward to it (but I doubt as much as I am).
I went shopping Friday night to spend some of my birthday money. I went to TJ Maxx because I wanted to get shoes and a pocketbook. Usually, if I'm there for some other reason without extra money, I can find a few pair of shoes and handbags I love. I didn't find anything on Friday. I was pissed. I need a pair of springish shoes for work, but they can't have an open toe. I ws thinking of going back out today, but the weather here is horrible! Pouring, heavy wind....I think I'd be better off staying in and catching up on laundry.
Our kitchen remodel is supposed to start the first week of May. I might start packing up some of my kitchen stuff today too. Mostly the decorative things that I have on top of the cabinets and some of my serving pieces I rarely use. Plus, I might read some of the new book I bought..."Driving with Dead People".
Braden hasn't had a meltdown in weeks, and it's been very nice. We're all so much more relaxed.
Oh yeah, JJ was finally able to get a hold of his mom, so now we have all the information we need to apply for a birth certificate so we can get him a passport, in case we're able to go to Jamaica, we'll be all set.
That's about all I've got. Schell out.

2 comments:

jilly said...

even though it's raining, things are looking up.

Roger said...

I don't understand why open-toe shoes violate dress codes. The office I formerly practiced in has adopted a code that requires no open-toed shoes, pantyhose and stuff like that.

We were asked by new employees when we moved into our new office what the dresscode was. We had to think a minute, and adopted a code that says if your mother walked in and disapproved, that violated the code. Otherwise, who really cares?

Hope the scout trip was enjoyable for them.

R