Friday, March 30, 2007

I got nothing, but I'm sure something will come to mind in about five minutes.

Today was my last day of work for ten days. This is the longest Easter break we've ever had. I plan to do some spring cleaning...walls and woodwork, maybe some painting, and sleep. That's all. Not much to ask. Sadly, Braden and JJ have the same long break, so I won't have any time to myself.

We had a meeting at the Children's Home last night, just our monthly sponsor/foster parent meeting, and the vice president asked Keith and I to stay behind after the meeting. During the meeting they mentioned that they have a 14 year old boy who never gets to leave the home, he has no family except a step-dad that calls him once in a while, and they're looking for a sponsor for him. Of course, my immediate reaction is, he can come and visit us, but I was a good girl and kept my mouth shut. But, what I didn't even consider is that my husband would say, "We'll do it." I've never even met this kid, but I'm told he's a real sweetie. Anyway, after the meeting, the vp said to us, off the record, "this whole thing with JJ and your vacation is bullshit. I'm going to do whatever I can to see that he can go with you. If it means I have to have our director call the DHS director, or the governor, we'll do it. Don't give up just yet." SO, that was encouraging.

Tonight we're going out to dinner, then to the home show with some friends. It should be a nice evening. Then after that, I'm doing nothing. NOTHING. Until next weekend when I have to have Easter dinner for about 20. But in between, N O T H I N G.

4 comments:

Roger said...

What's on the menu? Maybe I'll make it 21!

R

Anonymous said...

Enjoy what you can of your break.

And where this VP when you were having all that darned trouble with JJ in the first place? Though his response sounds very encouraging.

The Broards said...

Schell,
I hope you get some alone time!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Run away from home one day.