Saturday, March 10, 2007

"All by myself..."

JJ went to his aunt's for the weekend, and Braden is on a camping trip to West Point with the Scouts until tomorrow, so I have the afternoon to myself. I'm forcing myself not to do any cleaning, to just kind of relax. Later, Keith and I have a wedding to go to, so that should be fun. You know what he'll want later, though, don't you?

I feel badly for JJ. He wanted to go to his aunt's this weekend, because it's his mom's birthday, and they were having a party for her. He was going to get to see her, and some of his siblings that he hasn't seen for over a year. She called him on Thursday to say that he didn't have to go because she was going out of town for the weekend, and wouldn't be there anyway. He told me that it only made him a little mad, but I know better. Apparently this is par for the course with her.

We've gone a whole week without a major meltdown here. Everyone's on edge, because we're expecting it, and have a feeling that it's going to be a duzy. However, it's nice to be able to relax just a bit. Braden's still no ray of sunshine, but at least his little episodes are only lasting about 5 minutes and there's no hitting/punching/kicking.

I have to take him for an EEG on the 22nd. Here are the pre-EEG steps: Keep Braden up until midnight the night before. Wake him up at 4:am and keep him awake until the 12:30 test. WHAT THE??? Oh, but I can give him his meds. I asked the receptionist if she had any meds for me, but she just laughed as if I were joking. That's going to be a really fun day.

6 comments:

Roger said...

Hope you enjoyed your day, Schell.

R

Anonymous said...

I've been too sick to enjoy my days to myself :(

Good luck with the EEG.

Anonymous said...

I have spent 12 weeks doing no cleaning I still don't miss it

nagual4a said...

Wow.

I just accidentally saw The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus on georgias PBS station. This was filmed in dec 1968 for BBC but never aired....lost for decades, some hippy girl went around the world to find it and finally located a copy in a trash bag in the Who's vault.

The Lineup:
Jethro Tull:...very young but still pure Tull.

The Who: Just off a world tour...the Stones later felt the Who upstaged them. Their ill fated drumer (was it Bonham?)was just incredible.

Marianne Faithful : Looking good ....contributing little.

Taj Mahal: There and sounded good...but had no business on stage with this talent.

A thrown together group comprised of JOHN LENNON, KEITH RICHARDS, ERIC CLAPTON, and Hendrix drummer MITCH MITCHELL who is basically john bonham on speed. They played Yer Blues..... then Yoko Ono crawled out of the black fabric bag she had crawled into during Yer Blues and spent about 4 minutes wailing dissonantly while backed up by Lennon Richards Clapton and Mitchell as well as an idiot with a violin.

Then The Stones took the stage. Jumpin Jack Flash....You cant't Always Get What You Want...A slow obscure blues piece...SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL....and closed the circus at 6am after 24 hours with "sing a song for the common people".

Imagine....RFK was shot in may of 68....this was december when Mick is singing "I shouted out who killed the kennedys.....when after all it was you and me". He caps off this marathon version of Sympathy by taking off his shirt to show massive tatoos of demons and devils on his chest and arms. This may be why BBC never aired it. The guy playing bongos for this marathon was literally covered in sweat....This was footage of the Stones playing their greatest music at their absolute prime. Jimmy Paige wasnt on lead as in the recorded version but Keith covered the lead all most as well as Jimmy would have. Mick clearly owned the whole show.

No decent human being can live without having seen this film.

Anonymous said...

Nag, dude, visit a DVD store or something, Rock N Roll Circus has been out on DVD for at least 3 years.

UrbanStarGazer said...

That's interesting that they want him sleep deprived for the EEG. Did they say why?