Friday, January 19, 2007

"Whoop, there it is"

We got about a 1/2" of snow during the night, but it froze so we had a two hour delay this morning...sadly, I was already up and showered, so I couldn't go back to bed. At least I got an extra hour without the kids up. Mainly without Braden up.

His meltdowns have gone done to once a week, but they're horrible. He cries the whole time that he's out of control and can't stop, but it's hard to feel sorry for someone who's throwing things at you and pushing and shoving you. Last night, it happened while I was making dinner, and as awful as it sounds, I had visions of hitting him with a frying pan. I wouldn't ever do it, but I can't say I don't think about it. I'm calling his doctor again today.

We refinanced our mortgage, and are going to finish the basement, and add on to the kitchen. Yesterday, we picked out flooring. I'm going with a slate look for the kitchen floor - with oranges and greys and greens in it. We're going to do the basement first though, so it will be closer to spring when we have to knock the wall out in the kitchen. I'm going to try really hard to let Keith make most of the decisions about the decor of the basement...as long as he doesn't turn it into a Nascar shrine or dead-hunted-animal city down there. He and the kids will probably be down there most anyway.

I'd like to go with Spidey for a sleeping vacation. Nothing but lounging around, napping and sleeping. And, I've been having a twingey-pain in my left hip area. Not enough to prevent me from doing anything, but enough to make me uncomfortable. If it doesn't go away in a month or six, I'll go to the doctor and get it checked out.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Schell, you're racking up points toward your crown in Heaven. I wish I had some constructive advice re your son, but I'm just not that smart.

Maybe we could all organize a week-long retreat to the farm, lounge around reading during the day, sitting around a nice fire in the evening, and burrowing into sleeping bags at night. Pete can make the coffee.

Brenda said...

roger... that sounds like heaven to me. i can see myself there right now.