Friday, January 26, 2007

"Sweet dreams are made of these..."

I've been so tired lately, as I've said before. All I wanted to do yesterday after work was come home and take a little nap.
So, I got home, made Braden a snack, had a cup of tea and went to assume my position on the sofa. Keith came home from work and roused me to sign my paycheck so he could go to the bank. Braden and JJ asked if they could go ride the four-wheeler. At last, peace and quiet.
I just started to doze off, and I heard Keith come in from the bank. A short time later, I heard the door open as Braden walked out, and I heard JJ yell something. Then I heard Braden yell something. Then JJ again, only this time I was able to make out what he said, "THE CAR'S IN THE WOODS!" Thinking I'm dreaming or something I just laid there, until I heard Keith yell, "HOLY CROW!" as he ran out the door.
Apparently, when he came home from the bank, he didn't put the car in park. He got out and it drifted down the driveway, through the yard until it crashed into some small trees at the edge of the woods.
My beautiful car. Less than a year old. All broken in the front. Pieces of the grill are missing, one of the lights is pointing straight up in the air, and the side is all scraped up from being wedged between some trees.
What a mess! Needless to say, I never got my nap.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marilyn Manson or the Eurythemics?

The Mr and I just sign each other's name on everything. I even signed his name on some of our real estate documents.

I'm sorry about your car and all you other shit lately. Maybe you should stop hanging around that slutty Brit.
-P

Brenda said...

should we refer to the previous post... "i am married to an idiot?"

i know about the tired thing. what the hell is up with that? i feel like i could sleep for a week.

Roger said...

I do hope that he has refrained from the Traditional Man's Manual suggested response to your concern: "That's why we have insurance."

If not, have him email me, and I'll send him the Revised Modern Man's Manual.

R

schell said...

Believe it or not, this post and the last are totally unrelated.

sparky said...

Well for Gods sake Schell , why didn't you say that was the reason you called Keith an idiot ? The word idiot is way too mild for a man who doesn't realize he HAS to put a car in park and set the handbrake especially if he has parked on a slope! My God Schell. Have you ever considered having Keith hospitalized for observation? Perhaps he's getting Alxheimers? Anyone that forgetful or just plain dumb would make me nervous . Schell, don't let keith get anywhere near the stove or power tools . Also remember in the spring YOU will have to do the barbequing (or ask JJ to do it) if you expect your newly renovated house to escape the ravages of a fire and also Schell, please make sure your home owners insurance is u to date . What a mess . Allan

Anonymous said...

OK, this is making my husband sound like a prince...

Anonymous said...

The thing that most shocks me about this is that you don't have direct deposit for your paycheck. It's now manadatory where I work.

At least no one was hurt

trying to sound sunny,
emma

Bert Bananas said...

The only way this works is if your car has a manual transmission and he left it in neutral. If it's an automatic, he can't take the key out until it's in park. Why didn't he set the parking brake?

Are we seeing the outward manifestation of internal conflicts?

I say you try to BJ him back to good mental health... You have to know that this is a treatment that you could never overdo!

sparky said...

Does Keith actually say "Holy Crow" when something like this happens? allan

schell said...

Yes, he actually said Holy Crow.
Bert, he didn't take the keys out...we live in a very rural area, and always leave the keys in the car. And, NO.
P-Eurythemics.
Roger, no, he didn't. In fact, he was very upset, but I said it was no big deal, and that that's why we have insurance.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Emma -- I thought the same thing, "She doesn't have direct deposit?"

I'm sorry about your car, that's horrible . . . however, it's funny as heck.