Friday, January 05, 2007

I am so tired. All I want to do is sleep for about a week straight. I'm just tired.

The holidays came and went, and I'm no more rested than I was before. We're back to work, since Tuesday. I like going back. I really like my job. I just hate getting up in the morning. It was good to see the kids again, and they all said I was a dork because I said I missed them during the break.

Braden went the entire holiday break without one of his episodes. It was kind of nice. I'm not trying to imply that he was a joy to be around, but there were no major conflicts. He went back to school on Tuesday, and Wednesday night we had a knock-down-drag-out evening. Things were flying, phones had to be hidden. Just when I thought it was safe to bring the knives back out of hiding. Do you think there's a correlation between school and these meltdowns? I do.

I felt so sorry for him last night. He's been growing his hair long for the last year and a half. Keith pesters him constantly to get it cut. I let him alone. I don't really care what he does with his hair-there are more important things to argue over. Anyway, he came home from school on Tuesday and announced that he wanted it cut. We searched online and found a picture of a cut he liked. I wanted to make him an appointment, but he doesn't like going to a salon because they "pull his hair". So, he wanted the neighbor lady to cut it. She used to have her own shop, but now just cuts the hair of friends and family. So, we went over there last night and Braden got a cut. He looks great, but it doesn't look anything like the picture. He hates it and says it looks like a mullet (which it doesn't). I hope school went okay for him today, and that he only got compliments, or he's going to be loaded for bear when he gets home. It's a terrible feeling dreading your own child coming home from school.

JJ's doing very well in school, and is on the basketball team. He doesn't get much playing time, but is sticking the season out. He's made a lot of new friends and is looking forward to going to the regular high school in a couple of weeks.

We're going to add on to our house, and make the kitchen bigger. It's still in the planning stages, but I want it done yesterday.

Oh, and I'm really tired.

6 comments:

The Broards said...

I agree with you about hair----it' just hair. Tell Keith to pick his battles

sparky said...

Do JJ and Branden hang around with each other in school and have you noticed any difference in Branden ( good or bad ) since JJ came to live in home? allan

Roger said...

Our children are our greatest joy and greatest worry. I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can muster your way.

R

UrbanStarGazer said...

Is anyone else in your family bipolar?

The Broards said...

"Our children are our greatest joy and greatest worry."


preach it , brother

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Schell these past three days back after vacation seem to have been the longest three day week of my life... every day I was simply exhausted... I think it must be holiday jet lag or something... not eating so great combined wtih holiday stress.. I hope next week goes better.