Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Summer time is here

Counting down the days till the end of the school year. Next Wednesday is the kids' last day, and Thursday is my last day. Braden's done on Thursday too, and is having his annual "last day of school swim party". We're expecting about 35 kids. It better not rain!

JJ's punishment, from the Children's Home, for what he did the other week is that we're not allowed to have any contact with him for 30 days. That makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Also, they moved him back up to the Acopian Center for 30 days. At this rate, we're not going to be able to foster him until freakin August! But, on a lighter note, the other boy we've been trying to sponsor and get to come up was finally able to come for a visit. He came last Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Keith fell immediately in love with him. He's a real sweety. He's only 13, and has a bit of a hyper personality...so, he and Braden got along fabulously and ran around and swam all weekend. Keith was going on and on about him. Don't be surprised if we end up with two foster kids.

The glass tops of both my patio tables got smashed by umbrellas in the wind last fall, so I have my pool all open, and the tables/chairs set up, but no table tops. I can't believe the prices glass places want to charge to make new tops. We actually might be better off buying new tables. I bought plants last weekend for my pots and got them planted.

I saw a new kitchen table that I love, and now I just have to have sex with Keith until he agrees to buy it for me.
Isn't life grand?

5 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

hee hee . . . how many times will it take?

Anonymous said...

This site may help with your native american theme...I can't post on the main page.
www.orientaltrading.com

The Broards said...

Do you want that kitchen table that badly?

schell said...

No, I've decided to pass on the table. It's just not worth it. I'll update you in my next post about what my new plans are.

UrbanStarGazer said...

How'd the pool party go?