Friday, May 05, 2006

Good news! JJ is allowed to come and visit this weekend, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. He can't sleep over yet though. His case worker finally called me back today...after leaving him two messages a day for the last three days. Also, he promised to look into when the fostering will come into effect. They did make JJ promise that he'd go on a home visit next weekend, if he came here this weekend. But, the way it's been going, I'll take what I can get.
Keith and I are bowling tomorrow night in a charity bowling thing. We do it every year and usually it's a fun night out.
Braden has to get up early tomorrow and meet the boy scouts...they're doing community service and cleaning up the road near the ball field. It's sure going to be fun waking him up ~~0~~0~~
Other than that, it's going to be a slow weekend...which is nothing to complain about!

6 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

It's progress! Yay!

The Broards said...

Like the new look!

Catz said...

Making some progress,woohoo!You,JJ and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

vq said...

So how's the visit, and how many strikes did you get?

schell said...

I got five strikes, but more amazingly, in the third game, I picked up every single spare. It was truly a miracle. I'm the kind of bowler that follows a strike with a gutter ball!
The visit is going great! We just kind of hung out yesterday. We did go sneaker shopping (much to my husband's dismay) and bought Braden and JJ each a new pair. Today we're going to Planet Trog - a laser tag place. The Children's Home is sponsoring the trip, and they invited Braden to come along, then JJ's coming back here for dinner afterward. The houseparents (that's who invited Braden) at the home, who work one on one with the kids daily, are mostly very nice. It's a shame the administration isn't made up of these people!

Meme said...

Hooray hooray ,so did you have a good weekend and how were they back at the home when you took him back?
Ps I hatehte that home I send the admin dark thoughts daily