Saturday, May 07, 2011

Duh, Losing

Well, what a great freaking week it's been. (Tons of sarcasm there, if you couldn't tell)

First of all, JJ's brother was arrested for arguing in a WaWa with his girlfriend...then the cops proceeded to beat the living daylights out of him in the paddy wagon...I know it sounds very Rodney King-ish, but it's true. Two broken wrists, stitches in his head. And the cops kept saying to him, "No judge will believe you." Andrew has been here many, many times. He's a good guy. And JJ is a wreck over it.

Next up on my plate of misfortune. Gio's P.O. took away his home visits. Not because of anything he did, but because it's a really bad, crime-ridden area where he's from and she doesn't want him there. This happened three or four weeks ago. Since then, he's become miserable. Stays in his room, hardly talks to us, refuses to do any work at school, etc. Last Saturday, Keith and I ran to the store after dinner and when we came home, my car was gone and so was Gio. He (keep in mind he's 15 and doesn't have a license) took it and drove to Easton. Hung out over night then took a bus to Philly. We recovered my car...minor damage, but not Gio.

Now for the last part of this trifecta of shit....Tuesday night, I caught Braden sitting in his car, in the driveway rolling a joint. This isn't the first time he's been caught smoking. He told me he'd stop. He's knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, how I feel about pot. After seeing everything Renee went through, you'd think he'd steer clear. Anyway....I told him that if he was going to continue to smoke, he was going to have to go stay somewhere else. So....the next day I get a call from his principal. He got into a fight at lunch time and was being suspended for five days. But, while the principal was talking to him about the fight, Braden told him that I kicked him out of the house for smoking pot. Wonderful. Let's bring the school into this. So, Braden's been miserable around here....and as you might recall from his youth....when Braden's miserable, everyone's miserable.

I quit.

6 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh Schell. What a mess. I'm sorry you're going through that. Especially Andrew. Wow.

emma said...

So Sorry Schell. Keeping good thoughts for you and all

Jilly said...

i keep telling myself that if it all goes to shit at once, then there's GOTTA be a break coming soon, because really, at some point, it's just not statistically possible for more shit to go wrong, you know?

vq said...

Man, Schell. You win the rough week prize. Just take a very deep breath, gather yourself, and keep motoring on. That's all anyone can do.

Brenda said...

I hope that all will be well.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Wow. That's all so crazy. Sorry.