Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rapture = good weekend???

I've just had a great weekend. Braden had prom on Friday night. I had bookgroup. Joe, Renee and Brighton were here for the weekend. Last night I went to the college graduation party for the daughter of one of my bookgroup friends. I took Renee and Brighton with me, and he was so cute, "performing" for all the people there. It was such a nice time, sitting around talking with a bunch of women I have a lot in commonn with (well, except for the fact that they all have wildly successful children, and I have children that are getting by). But, other than the all-these-colleges-are-vying-for-my-children-stories, it was wonderful! Plus I saw a friend that I used to work with that I haven't seen in years, and it was like we hadn't missed a beat. I had a great time!

Today, I'm going grocery shopping, doing laundry and planning on spending some time reading, in the sun of course. Also, I'm going to plant the vegetable garden and weed my periannual garden.


For those of you who asked, here's a picture of my tattoo. It was taken right after I had it done. It's "calmed down" a lot since then.



7 comments:

mavis sidebottom said...

nice tat I am thinking of getting Live put ther as theres a gap where my dragon doesn;t meet up round the back

emma said...

Schell, don't worry about all those "how many colleges are vying for my children" women . . .they all have horror stories that they're just not sharing.
You just birth, you do the best you can, you let go. The end. Women how are constantly bragging about their kids just don't tell the whole story....if that makes any sense

schell said...

It does, Emma. I don't mean to imply I don't like these ladies...I really do. But, sometimes I just want to say...Give me a break!
But more importantly, do you like my tattoo?

emma said...

I love your tattoo (and I don't normally like tattoos)
Can I be nosy and ask how much it was?

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Schell... I can tell you about my "perfect" child and her overdrawn bank account (twice no less) if you want, Oh and she didn't make the Dean's list this semester either, but I can't really fault her much because she is still doing better than Puck and I did in College LOL

schell said...

Interestingly enough, it didn't cost me anything. I went with a teacher from work who is in the midst of getting a huge sleeve done. When I got there, I realized he didn't take credit cards, so I said I'd schedule an appointment and come back. The teacher said he'd spot me the money, probably around $30, and I could pay him on payday. Then when the tattoo guy charged him, he didn't charge him anything for it. So, it was absolutely free.
I'm taking Braden back shortly for one (for his 18th birthday), so I'll tip him really well.

Catz said...

I'm not a tat person either but I do like that. looks good.