Saturday, September 12, 2009

On your mark, get set.....

Tomorrow I'm going to NYC to participate in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. My sister-in-law (afro's wife) made up a team to enter, and I joined. I'm sure I can walk 5K, although I never have, but I'm still a bit nervous. I bought new sneakers to wear (I'm going to break them in a bit today) and it's supposed to be a beautiful day. Stephen Colbert and Judge Judy (among others) will be there. I wouldn't mind finding Mr. Colbert right next to me. I got some sponsors at work, although they're betting I won't make it in on Monday....hahaha, I'll show them!
After the race, we're going to do some sight seeing/shopping. It should be a very nice day. Two friends of mine are going too, and I'm looking forward to it!

JJ had a football game last night. Keith and I sat there in the pouring rain watching it. It was so windy, my umbrella flipped inside out about ten times before I finally said, "fuck it" and just sat there in the downpour. At least they won!

Today, I'm doing laundry and straightening up the house a bit. It sure does go to pot during the week with all of us in school/work. I have to get in the habit of putting my clothes away/in the laundry each day, but I'm so tired at night, I just drop them in a pile. My bedroom looks like a teenagers!

4 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

You'll be strolling three miles in beautiful weather. A piece o' cake. If you see any celebrities, tell them they make my life worth living.

emma said...

How did you do?

UrbanStarGazer said...

How was it? 3 miles is cake. Just sounds scary.

I hear ya on the laundry. I have two baskets of clean laundry in my bedroom. I keep adding more to them and last night, they toppled over. It's my weekend project.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I can walk 5K


not 3, allan