Thursday, September 24, 2009

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it..."

Since JJ is a senior, there are special things done during the football season. They're all very nice, except one.
During the homecoming pep rally, moms of the seniors have to do a dance. Not a dance of their choice, mind you, a dance that 16 and 17 year old cheerleaders come up with. I'm not especially looking forward to it. I can dance. And, looking around at some of the other senior moms, I'm sure I'll make less of a fool of my self than some of them, but.....I hate performing. I hate knowing people are looking at me. It makes me feel so selfconscious! Last year, the moms had to wear shorts with their kids' names on the ass, and bend over and flip their shirts up at the end of the routine. How humiliating! What teenage kid wants to see the ass of a 40 something?
I'm voting for sweatpants! I'm picturing us dancing to "Put a Ring on it" like they did in Glee last night.
Tonight is my first practice. Wish me luck. And, don't tell me to break a leg, I just might! Or even worse, a hip!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

you may actually end up having a great time. i was talked into getting up on a karaoke stage at a work christmas party. for one brief moment i let go of some inhibitions and actually liked it.

Jilly said...

here, the football players dress as cheerleaders and the cheerleaders dress as football players and then play a mock homecoming game. it's odd seeing a bunch of big beefy guys wearing spankies and mini skirts with stuffed bras jumping around like idiots.

you're so awesome schell, adn you're so pretty. many of the othe rmoms probably won't look as good as you. However, keith might want a little sumpin' sumpin' if you shake your ass in tiny shorts, so watch out.

jill

schell said...

Good news! No shorts. We just have to wear black bottoms...shorts, capris or full length sweat pants! Yay!
I do, however, have to climb on top of a pyramid.

(and thanks for the compliment Jilly. Really.)

UrbanStarGazer said...

How'd you get so lucky?

Anonymous said...

you could be meaty beaty big and boyonce

Anonymous said...

beyonce even