Saturday, July 04, 2009

"crying, over you....crying over you"

Emma's post reminded me of this. I wanted to post it before, but I forgot.
I think most of you know that I've been working part-time as a TSS for a MR and Autistic boy named T. I started last August. He's six years old and the most beautiful child ever. A head full of blond ringlets...he looks like an angel. And, when I'm not being hit, bitten, kicked or pinched he's the sweetest thing. Anyway....he has the strangest hate for Billy Mayes. If one of his commercials comes on the tv, and T hears it (even for just a few seconds) he starts to cry. And not just "I don't like that man" crying, inconsolable, heart-wrenching crying which can last for hours. His mom told me, "I'd never wish anybody dead, but I can say it will make my life a little easier."

Braden got a new iphone. After much hulabaloo, they finally replaced it. And, for my trouble, threw in a free Shuffle, which Keith quickly snagged.

I have Brighton this weekend. He's adorable and so smart. But, I probably won't get much done. I got up early this morning just so I could have a little "alone" time. We're taking tea lady to lunch today for her birthday, then we have a party to go to later. It should be fun. I'm making baked brie and these adorable cupcakes that you decorate with brown sugar (sand), blue food colored icing (water) a drink umbrella and a round red/white peppermint ball (beach ball). I just have to find the umbrellas.

3 comments:

emma said...

I remember reading several years ago about this woman who would go into seizures whenever she heard Mary Hart's (Entertainment Tonight) voice.

Have fun with Brighton!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Unfortunately for that mother and child, Mayes is dead but his commercials are still playing. I fell asleep in front of the tv last night and woke up to Mayes yelling at me about something and my first thought was, "I thought he was dead, why are they still playing his commercials?"

emma said...

How's the Tea Lady doing?