Saturday, April 18, 2009

"you've got to move this, you're doin' fine...."

Well, the decision has been made. We've decided to put our house on the market and to find a less expensive one.
Now, there's so much to be done! I have to paint the whole upstairs. I have to have the carpets upstairs shampooed. The garage has to be de-cluttered. I have to dye my living room curtains. There's an interior door that has to be replaced. Oh....and clean! Not that I'm not clean, but I'm not "show-your-house-to-complete-strangers-hoping-they'll-love-it-so-much-they'll-want-to-buy-it" clean. Plus, outside there's a ton that has to be done.
But the hardest thing of all is that we're going to have to agree on a new house. I might need to get a professional mediator.
Part of me is overwhelmed thinking about all this stuff....I'm starting this weekend on my list, but another part of me is relieved that we're going to take some action. It took a lot of persuading to get Keith to take his head out of the sand and agree to this.
Braden's upset, but kind of excited to move into town and be closer to his friends. JJ's just upset.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Why do you need to dye your curtains? And, congratulations on making the decision. You know, what we did was rent a thing called a pod, which is a mini storage unit they put in your driveway, and then we loaded up all our stuff that was clutter but we still wanted to keep and put it in the pod. When we move in about ten days, the pod company will come pick it up and deliver it to the new house and our movers are going to empty it when they move our furniture. It made a world of difference, getting so much stuff out of the house.

schell said...

I've seen commercials for that...I've been thinking about using them.
I have to dye my curtains because they're so old, and faded from the sun. I don't want to buy new ones, because what are the odds that the new house will have the same size windows? So, I thought if I dye them, it will freshen them up for showings.

Jenny Robin said...

That's very smart to dye the curtains, Schell. Best of luck finding a nice house that you all can enjoy!

emma said...

Good luck Schell

UrbanStarGazer said...

Sucks but, probably feels good to have made a decision. I hate moving.