Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"You light up my life...."

Something happened to my computer, and I had to do a system restore. Why did I keep ignoring the Norton suggestions to back up my files? I've lost nearly every picture of the baby, and a ton of other stuff. Oh well, at least it didn't cost me anything.
Everyone's still getting on my nerves...it's a good thing I don't pack heat.
I'm reading a great book right now...."The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. It's great...it got me hooked the second I picked it up. I'm glad it's long, because I'd be disappointed if it was over already.
A couple of weeks ago, I bought one of those book light things at Dollar Tree. I got it home and it wouldn't work. It was only a dollar, what did I expect. I just never got around to throwing it out. Last night, after dinner, we were sitting in the kitchen and Braden was playing with it....he dropped it on the floor and I yelled at him..."Leave it alone, it's not yours. Why do you feel free to touch things that aren't yours....etc, etc" (remember, I'm miserable right now). He felt pretty bad, yet continued to play with it. He switched it on, and IT WORKED! He looked at me and said, "You're welcome!"

8 comments:

emma said...

haha--Braden's going to hold that one over your head for awhile

Jilly said...

i'm sure you have plenty of examples of stuff he's broken, at least he did something productive. i burnt all my pics of the baby to CDs for my parents at christmas and made one for myself incase the computer goes.

jilly

UrbanStarGazer said...

Do you see a theme here? Kath's PC had a problem; Orbie's had a problem; and now Schell's.

Bert Bananas said...

Schellita Linda, have Baden drop the mortgage papers!!!

mavis sidebottom said...

did you send him to bed anyway

Anonymous said...

Wally Lamb wrote another book? Is this the first since the first 2 long books he wrote? allan

schell said...

Yes, Allan. I just finished it. I really liked it. It is his first since those two.

Anonymous said...

i read lambs books so long ago i forget the names of them but i do remember i liked them both. the only thing i thought odd was the second book about the brothers was loaded with typos on almost every page . it must have been rushed into print or something . allan