Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Sitting on the sofa with a sister or two"

My furniture came and I love it. It completely changed the look of the living room, and it's so comfortable. It's amazing how much more enjoyable sitting is without springs poking you in the butt.

I don't really have much to report here...which is probably a good thing.
I have book group on Friday night. We read "Loving Frank"...it's fiction but based on the relationship between Frank Lloyd Wright and the wife of one of his clients. It was pretty good. I really didn't know much about him, and I got curious while I was reading. I started looking online at some of his designs and reading a bit about him. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who might read the book, but something devastating happens, and I saw it on one of the websites....and it compeltely ruined the end of the book for me. I was so mad at myself.

I had Brighton for the whole weekend. I'm exhausted. Now I remember why people don't have kids at 45. Well, a few weirdos do, but I don't think I'd survive it now. It was enjoyable though. He's at such a cute age...nearly 10 months. Toddling around, making funny faces, playing peek-a-boo. It was a nice weekend.

Now I'm going to go sit on my nice, comfy couch.

2 comments:

mavis sidebottom said...

and where pray tell are pictures of the sofas?

Anonymous said...

Always buy NEW sofas . I once bought a sofa at the Salvation Army ( this was years ago). It was a real nice looking sofa in almost brand new shape so I got it home and laid down on it to take a nap and damn if the thing didn't smell of urine. I'm no expert but it was my opinion it was the smell of human urine. I tried all kinds of things the get rid of the smell but it seemed it was always there or at least it was always in my mind. I finally put it in the trash and had to laugh because someone picked it up before the trashmen came. Probably some idiot like the rag picker Nagual 4A . Glad a new couch can give you such joy schell . It's the simple things in life that count , allan