Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"There's a tree in the grand hotel...."

I am so far behind....I might be a little in front.

I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet. Not one thing. No gift wrap, no cards, no presents.

I have a dentist appointment this morning, then I'm taking the rest of the day off, and I'm going to try to get a start on it all. We'll see how it goes. I usually do well under pressure, so I'm hoping I can get most of it done today...all except the kids. I save them for last. Especially Braden. He changes his mind a kazillion times. And even more than hate Christmas shopping, I hate returning Christmas gifts.

I'll let you know how I make out.

4 comments:

emma said...

ditto not starting christmas anything

Jilly said...

you're a real saint. i don't think my mom ever took a christmas present back. she'd buy presents when she had time and money and that's what you got. i only bought 5 presents this year and spent less than $50 on all of them combined, i made the rest with the heavy duty price of $20 in yarn. I plan on spending about $20 on having pictures printed for my mother, because that's what she wants, and then I'll spend $3 making hand print ornaments of the baby's hand for people who want one and then I'm done. I'm lucky that i do not have to shop for teenagers and that what family i do care to get a gift for are not into expensive things. i'm sure that my current christmas planning will be ruined by the time the baby is a teenager.

good luck getting it all done.

jilly

mavis sidebottom said...

use inspection so Im not doing xmas til after thats happened cos they will only think I am hiding stuff behins the tinsel. the kids are away this year except jack so I will do my shopping in the sales after xmas

UrbanStarGazer said...

I haven't done anything either. I know what I'm getting everyone . . . just gotta go get it.

So, do you have the baby now full time? Is Renee in rehab? Is doofus living with you?

Inquiring minds want to know.