Saturday, December 06, 2008

Misc....

My father is improving. He's starting to eat a little, now that my mom has talked them into removing all the restrictions they had on his diet. He's 80 years old for crying out loud....if he wants to have pudding instead of diet jello, let him have it! Much to his chagrin, they moved him to a rehab center yesterday so they can concentrate on his hip. He's being very stubborn about walking on it. He has to go for dialysis three times a week. So, on that front things are looking up.


My Thanksgiving dinner went well. Everyone enjoyed the food, and I didn't have too many leftovers...just enough. Here's a picture of Braden and JJ taken on Sunday. Doesn't Braden look cute in that hat?


I'm going to start decorating for Christmas today. JJ has a basketball game this morning and when he and Keith get back, they're going to bring all the decorations down and then I'm going to "cheer this place up." I love decorating for Christmas, but then I can't wait to take it down. I have to force myself to leave it up until New Year's.

Brighton is starting to walk by holding on to furniture, or people, or toys...or anything he sees that he thinks will work. This plan works more often than not...but when it doesn't...let's just say
he takes quite a few nosedives. He's a good sport about it all though. Since I haven't blessed you in a while, here's a picture of him.



6 comments:

Brenda said...

he is a beautiful child.

Anonymous said...

That's three good looking young men there, Schell. Do you need a stick to beat of the girls, yet?

vq said...

All three of them are gorgeous. Wow.

Jilly said...

what lovely boys.

Mandolin isn't a free walker yet, she still just holds ontio things and inches about, but we knew it's take her longer. it's almost shocking how they can get into things.

i'm glad your dad's doing a little better. i don't blame him for not liking the rehab, the PT i have to go to is painful and i have a minor injury.

jilly

emma said...

JJ is getting so grown up -looking.

And that kid is the cutest thing ever

UrbanStarGazer said...

Wow, JJ looks like a full grown man!! Good looking one too.

Cute buncha boys.