Thursday, June 05, 2008

"More than meets the eye..."

Today's my last day of work. Yesterday was our last day with kids. We can go in a half an hour later today (which is why I have time to blog) and wear shorts. I'll take advantage of the half an hour, but I wouldn't wear shorts to work if my life depended on it. I was invited to a little get-together after work today, so that should be a fun way to unwind.

They're filming part of the next Transformers movie near here. There's an old steel foundry in Bethlehem, and they've transformed (haha..pun intended) it into a Chinese city. I took the kids over the other night to see some action. Even Joe wanted to get in on this little trip. We got to see the set...the fake Chinese signs, helicopters....but no action. They don't start filming until the middle of the night....and we had to leave around 9:00. But, at least we got to see enough that when the movie comes out we can say, "I was there."

2 comments:

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

lucky you Schell... our snow days have pushed our calendar to next Thursday We were supposed to get out on Tuesday Ah well it is price you pay for days off in winter.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Very cool!! I absolutely LOVED the first movie. Dunno why, I just do.