Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I'm takin what they're givin cuz I'm working for a livin..."

Yesterday was JJ's last day of school. Today is Braden's. Some of you may know what that means....it's the famous last day of school swim party. This year, since it's his last year in the middle school, he wanted to have a huge party...over 50 kids. I told him that was too many hormone driven teens for me to watch at one time (let's face it....it was easier when he was 8 and I only had to worry about skinned knees and the boys dunking the girls. Now I have to worry about trysts in the woods, alcohol and lord knows what else). So, we decided that he'd go in with one of his friends. We'd split the food costs and his mom would come and help chaperone. Yesterday the boy and his dad dropped off their share of the food and told me the mom was out of town on business so she wouldn't be available today. So, that means it's going to be me and all those kids. I'll probably have a nervous breakdown trying to make sure no one gets pregnant or wasted.

Friday night I'm hosting book group. We read "Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal". I loved the book. I need some appetizer ideas. I'm tired of all mine. So far I plan on making roasted red pepper and gorgonzola bruchetta and for desserts I'm making custard bread pudding with brown sugar sauce, a lemon cake and coconut blueberry cheesecake bars. Any good appetizer suggestions?

Tomorrow I start working the summer program. I'm kind of looking forward to it...except for the getting up in the morning part. We'll see if I feel the same way in a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Clank Napper said...

My suggestion is take Valium.

Anonymous said...

Lamb is just a wonderful book.

Good luck with all those kids.

Brenda said...

the other mom not showing up is not very nice. i think the dad should have to help. good luck and don't forget to post again and let us know how it went.