Monday, June 09, 2008

"thank you for being a friend..."

I called Chrysler Financial today. We are leasing our Pacifica through them. You know how whenever somone is on a talk show talking about credit counseling, they say "call the people you owe money to and explain the situation. They're often able to work with you." Well, I explained our situation and how in the very near future I might not be able to afford the payments on the van, not to mentin the $70 a week in gas. The very nice woman I spoke with told me, optimistically, that they had two options for me.
She went on to explain that I could find someone to make the payments for me, or sell it.
Thanks. Thanks a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you sell a leased car?

Anonymous said...

i had a friend who was in a bad bad financial situation and she found out that the companies themselves arent usually willing to deal, but when the debt goes to collections, then you can make a deal on payments etc and get smaller payments for a longer period and make deals on the total owed. she was in nots over the money she owed for medical bills etc. and in the end, was able to come to a compromise she could live with and even out her credit.

earlier this year a woman from GM came to talk to my kids about financial responsibility and she explained that car companies won't make deals after the initial contract. they'll give you 3-4 months of nonpayment then repo your car at 2am.

jilly

UrbanStarGazer said...

Nice. Warms the cockles of my heart.