Saturday, May 17, 2008

"O-da-dee, o-da-da-Ah, la la la la life goes on"

Believe it or not, I have a busy weekend that I can blog about.
Last night I had book group. We read "Son of a Witch" the sequel to "Wicked". The book wasn't that great, but I always enjoy myself and eat too much at book group...so it was fun. Next month it's at my house and we're reading "Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal".
Today, I have my usual "chores" to do, then Renee is coming with the baby and we're taking him to get his pictures taken. Tonight we have a Comedy Night to go to for the football boosters and Braden has Lacrosse Fun day today too.
Tomorrow Joe is coming down and if all goes according to plan, I'm going to power wash the front porch and get the rest of my chairs/tables out of the shed.
You know I started taking Chantix. Well, for the first six weeks I was smoking a cigarette or two a day. Last Saturday I decided enough is enough and I haven't had one since. It only bothers me 18 or 19 hours of the day. Not too bad!
Oh, and as of June 1, our mortgage stipulation is over and we're probably going to go right to the poor house.

12 comments:

The Broards said...

Schell, congrats on the no smoking!!

Anonymous said...

Well, Schell - the money you save on cigarettes will surely help with the mortgage payment, no? I don't think people realize how much they spend on the habit, probably because they don't want to. There must be a way to make ends meet. If I remember correctly, it's 100k mortgage you are now responsible for on top of your existing mortgage? Probably about an extra $400 a month? -blu

schell said...

Blu, it's an extra $600 a month. And, if it were temporary, that would be one thing...but an extra $600 a month for the next 29 years is more than we can handle

Anonymous said...

I understand. It would probably be refreshing, though such an ordeal, to move to an affordable house and not have constant stress from money woes. Best of luck. -blu

Bert Bananas said...

You need to get a retired person to rent a room and charge him/her $1,000 a month...

Anonymous said...

Schell, as I have said before, when I quit smoking, I used to dream about cigs. I think I missed them for about seven years. Then one day I smoked a cigarette, made me feel sick,, and that was when I realized I was not just a smoker who didn't smoke, but had turned into a non-smoker. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

bert has an excellent idea about rening out a room in your house. Generally there are teachers that would rent during the school year and then go away for the summer . It's something to consider . allan

Anonymous said...

You could take in foster children for MONEY.

Jenny Robin said...

Is it possible to refinance the original mortgage plus the second mortgage with a new bank/mortgage firm for a 40 year term?

Anonymous said...

if I win the lottery schell you are first on my list

Anonymous said...

can you sell a few organs? my two cents is all.

please share the pictures of the baby

love,
jilly

Anonymous said...

perhaps tea lady could rent a room