Friday, November 30, 2007

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

My Thanksgiving dinner went well. The brined turkey was delicious! Not enough left for leftovers, like hot turkey sandwiches which I love.
My oldest brother and his family came and they brought their new puppy. It's a viszla. How beautiful and well behaved this dog was. Of course, now my kids want one. Guy paid $1200 for this one and we're not in any position to pay $12 for a dog right now, let alone $1200. I guess that's good, because I really don't want anything else to take care of.
Renee is starting to show, and she's trying to "mature". She proved it by actually staying in the kitchen with the women after Thanksgiving dinner, and washing dishes (which, trust me, no one else around here volunteered to do). Her "baby daddy" is coming up from Atlanta on Saturday, and I'm anxious to meet him. I think.
We still don't know anything else about our mortgage situation. There's a hearing on January 18th with the new banks. There's also one that was arranged by our state senator that's the 10th of December. We'll see how that goes. We got a foreclosure notice in the mail on Tuesday. That's not a piece of mail anyone should have to open, especially weeks before Christmas.
Tonight I have book group, we read "Digging to America", by Anne Tyler. It was okay. Nothing to write home about. Tomorrow I have to grocery shop and then when I get home, I'm going to decorate for Christmas. Sunday we have JJ's football banquet.
I had Braden's school conference last week. I heard all positive things. He has a great bunch of teachers this year, and I was practically blushing from all the compliments. He's even getting moved out of his last learning support class, math. He's so proud of himself, and we're so proud of him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that is fantastic about braden. i am remembering last year and how frustrated you were feeling about his behavior. i wonder about the change and if JJ didn't have something to do with it, directly or indirectly. braden maybe waking up and realizing how lucky he is to have a family and JJ wanting to be part of that. blessings come in many disguises.

vq said...

Braden is just growing up on us. They all do, even when you don't see it coming. (Unfortunately, some do it when they're 37. Or older.)

The Broards said...

Great news about Braden.

What the heck is a viszla?

Binx said...

Do you like anything by Anne Tyler?

Rosary said...

Vizslas are like brown Weimareiners. Here's a bunch of pictures:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=vizsla&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

schell said...

I haven't read anything else by Anne Tyler.
And, Emma, I was going to say, "just fucking google it"

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you about Braden and JJ too, you need good news. Ick on the foreclosure crap. Many people will be hearing news like that right before and after christmas and it's a pisser for all involved, except the bank. I hope Braden's hormones have calmed down and i'm so happy he's in all regular classes, that's good for his self image. If she has a girl, I'll mail you a big box of hand-me-down stuff if she wants them. Mandolin is growing like a weed. Your daughter will really have to grow up soon, the baby doesn't give you a chance to muck it up. I hope the meeting with baby-daddy is okay and in the end, sometimes it's best when the parents don't get married.

jilly