Friday, October 26, 2007

"ABC it's easy as 123...."

Those of you who have been through the trials and tribulations of Braden and school might enjoy this.

I got a letter from the school the other day. Dread filled me instantly. I sat at the kitchen counter and opened it, a feeling of impending doom in the pit of my stomach. Wait a minute...."It gives me great pleasure to inform you," the letter began. What the??? It went on to say, "that your child has been selected by our faculty to the Nazareth Area Middle School's "Talon Club"!!! The Talon Club has been established to honor and recognize students who have set high personal goals and strive to reach them. The recognized students have achieved academically, exhibited great character, present themselves as a positive role model or established a personal set of values admired by others. I am excited about our new members and wish to offer my congratulations to you as parents for supporting and encouraging your child."

Isn't that great? There's a display in the lobby of the school with his picture and a list of some of his school accomplishments. I'm going to go down there and take a picture of it...much to his dismay I'm sure. I'm thinking about sending a copy to some of his past teachers with a little, "TOLD YOU SO" attached.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the first of many good things to come. :)

The Broards said...

Fantastic!!! Give him a big hug from me!

Bert Bananas said...

Give Renee a hug from me...

You should send copies of the letter to prior teachers with a gushing letter about how he never would have done it but for their caring and nuturing, etc.

They'd lie awake nights not knowing whether you meant it or not and debating the issue with themselves...

vq said...

That's great! He must be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

That black cloud is lifting already :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Braden (and you)!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I know what I meant to say to you about The Other Boleyn Girl...it reminded me a bit of when you watch Columbo. You know who the culprit is right from the start, and I find that extremely annoying.

Roger said...

Wow, Schell, that is absolutely SUPER! What a lift for him, and for you guys.

R

Binx said...

"Told You So" --- how perfect!!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Congrats, Braden!!!